Motor plate + coilover conversion = too easy

-
Definitely sounds frustrating. Was the track cold? Could that have been a cause of your traction problems?

Definitely sounds frustrating. Was the track cold? Could that have been a cause of your traction problems?

The track was cold, but the Sportsmans still wrinkled well on a part throttle launch. Another guy from town was running 1.4 60' times on a skinny drag radial. I definately have a serious issue somewhere, and I think it's fuel pressure. The system is WAY overbuilt for the combo, but I just stuck the regulator on, and don't have a pressure gauge, so it may be choked way down.

The cam in the engine is very mild, but it should pull well higher than it does. The launch I understand, and I am sure I can fix. The power dying and the top end miss, (if 5,000 rpms is considered top end), Is what needs to be figured out. I think high 11's is more in line with what it will run. I wish it was earlier in the season.

when i had that problem it was running out of fuel had to adjust the floats. check the simple stuff mike

when i had that problem it was running out of fuel had to adjust the floats. check the simple stuff mike

Checked the floats after the round 1 no fuel fiasco. The level is good, but I'm betting when I get a gauge on it, I'll find I have a low pressure problem. I think it's sucking the bowls dry going down the track.

Ready for a test fit:
paulscar004.jpg
Engine, trans, crossmember, 10 minutes later:
paulscar006.jpg
The exhaust, 2" TTI's, 15 minutes later:
paulscar008.jpg
paulscar011.jpg
Headers went on over the factory exhaust studs. Too easy. All painted perty, back in next weekend.
paulscar013.jpg

looks like your links are broken, if they are still there, just fix the links.

-
Back