Motor Plate

-

tppits13

Reaction score
I need to install a motor plate in my 70 Dart. Its a 360 motor and was wondering if anyone had done this, and had figured out what to do with the alternator and power steering pump. This is a street car so i would like to keep the PS pump. Any pics and or help would be great. Thanks

If you don't mind me asking why do you need to install a motor plate?? What is wrong with your motor mounts??

some motor plates have spots were u can mount your accessories. i know the magnum force plates come with a spacer to keep the drive belts in line...
i was wondering the same for a bit bc i have a 440 i want to put in my touring/ auto cross duster but want to keep the /6 mounts so i can put that back in when i have to rebuild the 440

Would a simple torque strap accomplish what you want to do?

I have solid motor mounts in the car now and every time i get on it the driver side motor mount turns no matter how tight i make it. My reasoning for the plate is I get the feeling that i might break the ears off the motor or crack them which im trying to avoid

I have solid motor mounts in the car now and every time i get on it the driver side motor mount turns no matter how tight i make it. My reasoning for the plate is I get the feeling that i might break the ears off the motor or crack them which im trying to avoid

have you checked your trans mount? sounds like things could be moving...

instead of going to all the work of a plate why not just put a small tack from the k to the mount or the mount to the bracket off the block??

Thought about a weld on the mount itself but was thinking that the torque would still be transferred to the block of the motor where the mount connects to the block itself Im thinking i need to relieve the stress of that point and maybe put it to the front/center of the block

-
Back