Motor Swap

-

Alabama Dart

Reaction score
Can you swap a slant 6 to a 318 with out changing anything?
I seen one the other day and it looks like it sets off to the left in the engine compartment

I ask because I seen one and it looks like the motor is seting off to the passenger side of the car is that normal

You need different mounts and or K frame depending on how you do it. Also, if it is a manual transmission, you will need a V8 bellhousing. If it is an automatic transmission, you will need a complete V8 transmission. Don't forget exhaust too. Yes, it's normal for the slant six to sit offset to the passenger's side. The V8 also sots offset to the passenger's side, just not quite as much.

In the past I have used a truck mount on pass. Side and v8 A body mount on driver side. This will only work if its a 67-72 k member not the 73up spool mnt. I have also used Schumacher mounts and the transdapt brand as well. Just a little something to think about in case u didn't want to buy conversion mounts.

I don't know what model your working on, but there's a 74 dart with a 318 in it at barrys u-pull it. complete motor and tranny including the exhaust manifolds. has air too. probably has a lot of little items you'll need. dave.

-
Back