Mount/subframe question

-

Lil Demon

Reaction score
Ok so I am starting to build my 340 for my 71 Demon and I'm looking at my accessories donor 318 (70 barracuda) I notice that my mounts don't match up to the Demon subframe. Can someone enlighten me as to what is my issue and how to correct it please..? It doesn't have the holes for the cross bolt of the mount. Only to a top stud type mount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 198
Biscuit mount vs spool mount?

Pic is too small to see anything other than the biscuit mount holes.

Here is a pic of the two types. (biscuit and spool)
You might need to swap K members.

Attachments

• biscuit.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 174
  • spool.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 192
Ok cool, didn't realize there were different styles in small block mounts. Thanks for the replies, I was afraid I was gonna have to change subframe

A 70 Barracuda is an E- body, and the mounts are a lot different. You need 340 mounts for a 68-71 340 A-body. The drivers side 340 mount is different than a 318. You can use a 318 drivers side mount on a 340 or 360 by using some flat washers to fill the space. Shumaker sells repro mounts and insulators for 68-71 A body 340 cars.

I haven't seen an A-body driver's side 318 mount for biscuits that has the top hole you need for a 340. You can just make an extra piece out of some steel and weld it on with a lap weld, then use some washers. Has worked well for me.

Awesome fab work! :prayer: Will a 318 drivers side motor mount....say from a 70 Duster with a 318 not have 3 holes line up and just need spacers on the one side? I know you can do that with E-body drivers side brackets. If that's not the case with the 318 A-body drivers side bracket, I mistakenly told him wrong. Shumaker (Shumacher?) makes the correct bracket that he needs, for sure.

Awesome fab work! :prayer: Will a 318 drivers side motor mount....say from a 70 Duster with a 318 not have 3 holes line up and just need spacers on the one side? I know you can do that with E-body drivers side brackets. If that's not the case with the 318 A-body drivers side bracket, I mistakenly told him wrong. Shumaker (Shumacher?) makes the correct bracket that he needs, for sure.

That is a 318 driver's side mount for a 1970 Duster. You would have to modify.

I actually used a piece of a dodge truck small block mount I had lying around so I wouldn't have to drill the holes.

-
Back