Mountain motor Mopar

-

mkozlows

Reaction score
I read somewhere ( For the life of me, I cannot remember where ) that one of the Mopar engine vendors was working on developing a large cubic inch Mountain motor for I believe Pro Mod or IHRA Pro Stock use, not sure if it was a Hemi or Wedge design, they were looking at somewhere around 800 + ci. Does anyone have any more info about this venture.

I was talking to a brand x racer who just laughed. he claimed you will never see a Hemi that large because of piston weight issues. I would love to prove this Jackass wrong.

One more thing, it was not a Rick Jones Ford style Hemi.

Piston weight issue is moot. Onec you stroke it huge, the piston gets smaller. Deleate the dome on the HEMI for blown applications to a flat top, your now toe to toe with anything else.

Look at the New York (Long Island) Ronkonkoma base World Engines for this. I think thats where I read something similar.

http://www.mapquest.com/ this; Ronkonkoma, NY US , then do a serach.
A Native American Indain name. Say it like; Ron-conk-o-ma.

interesting about the piston weight issue. Sounds like sour grapes. I remember talking to a Fix Or Repair Daily racer who said a Hemi needs a blower to keep up with a wedge head ford. Funny how he now has a 66 cuda small block drag car. And the Hemi SS cars need thier own class because brand X or F can't run with 'em.

Thanks Rumblefish, I will check it out, tough to get old, I knew I read something about a vendor developing a large ci Mopar style engine. Hopefully, we will be hearing more about it soon.

This brand x guy is kind of an arrogant a.s. He is always putting down anything Mopar. 66Dartman, I believe you hit the nail on the head...sour grapes. He has a nice car, ( Pro Mod ) although, I don`t think he has ever made a full pass in his life. Anyway, I just did not understand what in hell he was babbling about as far as piston weight is concerned. Thanks.

-
Back