mounting buckets

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
Guys, my car was a bench seat car from the factory, but the previous owner had buckets in it when I bought it. All of thefloor pans will be replaced with new metel, so im going to have to re-mount the buckets (if I choose to use them). He just drilled 4 holes & slapped a bunch of washers on the bottom. Is this how its done? Did the bucket seat cars have a different floor pan than the bench seat cars? How did you guys that did the swap do it??
2trim004.jpg

The four holes in a close group are from the awsome home made drive shaft loop that was on it!!

My 69 Cuda was a bench and I put buckets in and did the same thing with washers,but I just stripped another 69 that came with factory buckets and found these plates welded to the inside of the floor pan.Only 2 per seat,located on the side closest to center hump.

000_0942.JPG

New floor pans wont have the extra plates on them. If they are high quality repops they will have dimples where the holes should be drilled. Some aftermarket vendor sells the extra plates. If you want to make them heres some helpful details...
floorplatesunderbuckets-1.jpg

-
Back