mounting my new hood

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
how do i moun my new fiberglass hood???
i have 2 hood pins already installed in the front but i have no idea how or were to mount the two in the rear

Well, at the risk of being accused of not having any sense of humor I suggest you take a look at any photos you can find of original '68 Hemi Darts or the tribute Darts that are being built by ss and afx. Go to their website for photos of Darts and Barracudas with liftoff hoods and where they locate their hoodpins. http://ssandafx.com/complete.html

thanks guys i see that they weld the pin in...but i also found out that they had heavier fiberglass hoods...so what i was thinging is to rip off the springs so the hinges move freely then put the hood pin through the bolt hole and into the hood as if i was bolting it on so its still kind of like a lift off hood

How is that going to work ? The hinge bolts to the side of the hood bracing.

ya so i have to drill the hood to bolt it on right??? so i make the hole alittle larger and put the pin in through the hinge then the hood and put the pin in

Is this a bolt on hood or a pin on hood ? If its a pin on hood it wont have the bracing to bolt it up to the hinges. You can not use a pin in place of the bolts. It just wont work.

ok.....will 4 pins be enough to hold it on becasue if it is im fine i jsut have to find some one to weld them on in the back when i drill the hole to put them in

yes 4 pins will hold it. I would make a bracket that bolts to the fender bolts and holds the pin. This way when you get tired of the lift off hood and can change it back. Hope you like taking the hood off to check oil though. It gets old real quick.

-
Back