movable car stand

-

danthedewman1

Reaction score
On my Dart ive removed the engine,tranny, rear axle and springs, fuel tank,bumpers and grill.Its up on jack stands right now,and im still able to put front tires back on.My question is: is there a way to still move the car in and out of the garage by way of some type of stands with wheels on them.I could swear ive seen somebody posting pics of there car with wheels on some type of stands.Id like to get the car back out of the garage and degrease the engine tranny area and blow out any debris.id just need them on the rear,,id put the tires back on the front...Thanks

I have a car in about the same situation, the front wheels are on wheel dolleys and the back end (with no diff) is on stands sitting on wheel dolleys. I can move the car around quite easily in the garage which is polished, I don't know about rough surfaces. You could also build a trolley of sorts with swivel wheels and put that under the back to move it.

auto twiller has 2 car dolly available
my duster is sitting on one now waiting for paint
it works great
mike

Well i was looking at the auto twiller website and they had a movable body cart they sell. It gave me an idea,and tell me if you think this will work.Im going to make saddles that bolt to where the front of the leaf spring hangars do.Theyll also be a sadde area for the frame to rest on.4 bolts in each saddle just like the hangars have.It will be a one piece saddle ,one for each side ,connected to the other by a box tubing.Then ill buy some good dolly wheels and weld those to the saddles.Ill have my tires mounted on the front of the vehicle.If it works Ill post a pic of the saddle.

Most people bolt to where the bumpers go so you can remove and replace things like the springs and K-frame and stuff while it's on the temporary wheels. If you use those locations for the temp wheels, then you have to put it on jack stands to replace those items, know what I mean?

thanks for the info...what im trying to do is very temporary...I just want to spray the underside and engine bay really good,,,degrease it all.Once thats done id wheel it back in and put it back on jackstands.

Do you have any pics you can post? I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Thanks!

-
Back