Moving leaf springs inward

-

artie727

Reaction score
Somewhere I remember seeing a kit to move the rear leafs inward. I would like to put some fat tires on the 68 Cuda and the leafs are at least one obstacle in the way. Anyone know of such a kit?

Artie Perilloux

lYou can move the springs in about 3/4" on both sides with an offset spring hangar kit. Or you can move them in 3" on both sides with an inboard spring kit, but you'll also need to minitub the wheelwells to get full value from the 3" inboard kit.
Mancini (http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/) has both.

You guys are da s**t. Great parts on the sites. The particular one of interest was mounting front coil overs and do away with the torsion bars. How difficult will it be to reinforce the upper shock mounts on the A-body.

The A-body upper shock mounts definitely need to be reinforced if you do a coil over conversion. Good article on this in the most recent issues of Mopar Enthusiast magazine. They detailed a conversion to front coil overs that do not use a replacement K-member. Magnumforce also has a reinforcement bar setup for this as well.
I recommend you look into an AlterKtion front end from Reilly Motorsports if you want to use a replacement K-member. It's a great setup.

I would go with the AlterK set up for a street car. For a drag only car I would say go with a mustang II set up. I got my off set spring kit from Mancini. Theyare a lot cheeper than magnumforce.

-
Back