moving to Colorado

-
to each his own i guess.........
why u would live anywhere and think it sucks is beyond me, native or not...........and to the op (if your still reading this thread) colorado is a great place to live. as others have said lots to do and see here, and lots of different enviroments to live in, city or rural.

mountains are second to none, skiing, camping, fishing, hunting are all top notch, and major city living is like anywhere else.

it's beautiful here.

not to be an ***, but if i thought it sucked, or felt trapped anywhere, i would sell my double wide, all my cars and assets, and buy a one way bus ticket to tierra del fuego.....

i've done it before............not because i thought the place sucked, but for other personal reasons like drug addiction and financial problems.............left everything behind, including my family.........so i don't really buy into the "trapped" thing, sorry.

so maybe others could elaborate, so i could better understand the "why" as to why this place sucks............i personally don't think it's the state, rather the situation.......like every road here right now has orange cones on it....too much road construction....that sucks.........

so again to the op, when u make the move, pm me, i will try to help you out any way i can..........
higgs

Wow man, relax. People are allowed to have a different opinion than yours.

I grew up doing all those things, and frankly now they bore me to tears. This state is so crowded with people now, you can't go anywhere to get away from anyone to be able to really enjoy them. This state has changed a lot over the past twenty years, and not for the better in my opinion.

And to answer your question, even though I don't feel like I should have to, I stay here because I'm all my mom has in this world. And I would never leave her here all alone. I value my family more than that. Does that further elaboration prove worthy of my initial post? Guess what I think if it doesn't? Lol.

And yeah, having to work harder to have an actual fast car at this ridiculous altitude, gets really old. :burnout:

Yes this state isn't as nice as it was 20 years ago but we only went to 4 million in 2010 from 3 million in 2000. CA went from 28 million to 38 million. Now that crowed.
Problem is that you all live on the wrong side of the state.:D

Wow man, relax. People are allowed to have a different opinion than yours.

higgs: what do u mean relax.........i'm a high strung sob lol...............
are you sure on the opinion thing? i was sure that....oh nevermind.

quote: I grew up doing all those things, and frankly now they bore me to tears. This state is so crowded with people now, you can't go anywhere to get away from anyone to be able to really enjoy them. This state has changed a lot over the past twenty years, and not for the better in my opinion.

higgs: well said, as time goes on so does change. every place grows and along with growth it changes. things aren't as they used to be, and never will be again.......that's too bad.

quote: And to answer your question, even though I don't feel like I should have to, I stay here because I'm all my mom has in this world. And I would never leave her here all alone. I value my family more than that.

higgs: thanks for answering........my mom's here too. i am not all she has, but i am very involved w/her.

quote: Does that further elaboration prove worthy of my initial post? Guess what I think if it doesn't? Lol.

higgs: don't really give a sh-t........lol.

quote: And yeah, having to work harder to have an actual fast car at this ridiculous altitude, gets really old. :burnout:

think about it this way........your 10 second car will run low 9's or high 8's at sea level.

ok, have a nice day..........
higgs

Or maybe the OP did make it here but got sooooooooooo stoned that he forgot where he put his computer.:tongue9:

Yes this state isn't as nice as it was 20 years ago but we only went to 4 million in 2010 from 3 million in 2000. CA went from 28 million to 38 million. Now that crowed.
Problem is that you all live on the wrong side of the state.:D

I grew up in Colorado, joined the Navy, moved all over the U.S. - and ended up back in CO.

I bought my Scamp from a lady who lived in Delta and it was my first time "over the mountain". It was beautiful. I keep looking for an excuse to head over to the west side again. :)

I like that higgs is sticking up for Colorado. No matter what your situation is, if you are unhappy, you probably won't like where you're living. For whatever reason, it seems that more people like to cry victim than look at themselves as part of the problem. Colorado is a beautiful state but it's not without it's problems. Like anything else, it is what you make it.

I love living here, We chose to live very rural and like it that way! Denver and the front range are okay but it has certainly changed over the years. Give me mountain views in every direction , wildlife and driving my Dart @ 10,000+ ft elevations:) You learn the fine art of carburetor tuning quickly LOL...

Dave,

I like that higgs is sticking up for Colorado. No matter what your situation is, if you are unhappy, you probably won't like where you're living. For whatever reason, it seems that more people like to cry victim than look at themselves as part of the problem. Colorado is a beautiful state but it's not without it's problems. Like anything else, it is what you make it.

thanks for the vote of confidence, signed, the assklown...........
higgs

With ya Higs. Been here 55 yrs, and love it here. If you want to live here its great, if you long for someplace else, you will never be happy. Oh, and not everyone here smokes weed.

With ya Higs. Been here 55 yrs, and love it here. If you want to live here its great, if you long for someplace else, you will never be happy. Oh, and not everyone here smokes weed.

thanks for the support david, and to everyone else that posted.............

i believe this thread is a bust.........op hasn't responded, emailed him also w/no response........LOL.......
higgs

this thread cant be a bust because Colorado is truly a magical place. For me its a piece of haven because the farm life is the best. Big blue sky, peace and quiet and the most beautiful sun rises and sun sets in the whole world.

Agreed 100% that not everyone in Colorado is into marijuana .......I cant stand the smell myself.

Attachments

• 20131023_164330_6.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 20131023_165609_1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 133
More sun shine that Florida

more wind too .....its like a wind tunnel through here when the seasons change......I think a lot of Kansas tornados started here with that cold air off the mountain heating up and getting a straight shot over the flat plains :???:

more wind too .....its like a wind tunnel through here when the seasons change......I think a lot of Kansas tornados started here with that cold air off the mountain heating up and getting a straight shot over the flat plains :???:

Well that is correct. Actually you live in Tornado Alley. Another reason I like the west side. No tornados, hail, violent weather over here. Not as windy either.

yup at the beginning of tornado alley ....we don't get tornados but sure do get some mean wind gusts.

By far I think the best part about this place. Cows. They really are cool to be around.

Attachments

• 20131023_165313_10.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 113
I lived over in Denver area from 87-95 and always wanted to see a tornado. Being from the West Slope I'd never see one. Then one day in 88 I got to see two of them hit Denver at the same time. I was living in Golden and had a great view of both of them. Then I was stuck in the worst hail storm in US history that hit the Front Range from Boulder to the Springs. Then I was stuck on I-25 for 18 hours during the blizzard of 91. Moved back to GJ in 95 to our safe boring weather.

Oh, and not everyone here smokes weed.

We DON'T??????????? LOL

Hay, from what I've heard the taxes it brings in is big money. However I have no idea where the taxes are being spent after that!

Give me a nice tall glass of cold milk with my fresh out of the oven cookies and I'm good to go here at my 8,700' with my double wide. Garage could be bigger though.

Oh yea, lived here full time since 1978 and never had a hard time finding a job!!!!

I had some phone conversations with him a little over a year or so ago. If I remember right he is a cook. I know he and his kids love fishing. Wouldn't mind meeting him. I hope some of you haven't scared him away. If he gets back on I'll help out any way I can.:coffee2:

-
Back