Moving Update

-
When driving straight through like that, I like to get the night driving done first.

Yeah, me too. At night there is much less traffic to deal with (less backups). Mostly truckers. If you are polite to them, they won't bother you or get in the way. If they signal to change lanes in front of you: check to be sure your front end is clear of the back of their truck, then flash your brights twice (that signals them that it is clear for them to change lanes). They will then change lanes in front of you and the polite ones will flash their trailer lights to thank you. After they pass the obstacle they are trying to get around, they will get in the right lane again. Then you just put on your signal and pass them. They will not get in your way or bother you then.

As far as the cops go. I just set the cruise control to 5 over and chug away with the radar detector. When the detector goes off, slow down a bit and they won't bother you. Some states are now putting up decoys for radar detectors. I have found this in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Usually in construction areas when you see the flashing signs that give you instructions, they have put in a little radar unit that sets off your detector. Then you get comfortable with your detector going off, then they put a real cop there to nab you once in a while. But you don't know which signal is the decoy and which is the cop, so I just do 2-5 over the limit. they usually don't bother with people at those speeds. If you need to save time, try reducing how many times you stop for bathroom and gas. Try to combine the two whenever possible. This will get you there 10 -15 minutes faster per stop that you save and no risk of tickets.

Good luck with your move. Oklahoma is very pretty and very flat. You can see real far in the daytime when it is light out.

I just got my internet back on Cliff and seen this thread :blob:
Just an Idea on ramcharger's check he wants to get to you, he could mail it to doc, that way you know you will have it when you arrive, and mail will not be running on Monday, I would think it might make it to you if your mail runs on Saturday :shock:
Take your time and try and enjoy the drive Cliff, and don't get involved with the speed demons out there bud.
Keep us updated and keep that clean shaved look :thumblef:

Yeah, me too. At night there is much less traffic to deal with (less backups). Mostly truckers. If you are polite to them, they won't bother you or get in the way. If they signal to change lanes in front of you: check to be sure your front end is clear of the back of their truck, then flash your brights twice (that signals them that it is clear for them to change lanes). They will then change lanes in front of you and the polite ones will flash their trailer lights to thank you. After they pass the obstacle they are trying to get around, they will get in the right lane again. Then you just put on your signal and pass them. They will not get in your way or bother you then.

As far as the cops go. I just set the cruise control to 5 over and chug away with the radar detector. When the detector goes off, slow down a bit and they won't bother you. Some states are now putting up decoys for radar detectors. I have found this in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Usually in construction areas when you see the flashing signs that give you instructions, they have put in a little radar unit that sets off your detector. Then you get comfortable with your detector going off, then they put a real cop there to nab you once in a while. But you don't know which signal is the decoy and which is the cop, so I just do 2-5 over the limit. they usually don't bother with people at those speeds. If you need to save time, try reducing how many times you stop for bathroom and gas. Try to combine the two whenever possible. This will get you there 10 -15 minutes faster per stop that you save and no risk of tickets.

Good luck with your move. Oklahoma is very pretty and very flat. You can see real far in the daytime when it is light out.

All true KK I use to be a truck driver up til I got out. I always like driving at night.

I just got my internet back on Cliff and seen this thread :blob:
Just an Idea on ramcharger's check he wants to get to you, he could mail it to doc, that way you know you will have it when you arrive, and mail will not be running on Monday, I would think it might make it to you if your mail runs on Saturday :shock:
Take your time and try and enjoy the drive Cliff, and don't get involved with the speed demons out there bud.
Keep us updated and keep that clean shaved look :thumblef:
memike,we have Saturday mail and will be leaving Monday night. I would have to ask DD about that but I have to ask him first. Also I think Ramcharger may have mailed it.

memike,we have Saturday mail and will be leaving Monday night. I would have to ask DD about that but I have to ask him first. Also I think Ramcharger may have mailed it.

OOOO!! I see the dates now Ciiff :cheers: It should make it.
I hope we get to hear more from you before you get on the road, Like you I enjoy driving at night and get some sleep while Treva finishes up a few things and gets the car packed with food and drink, then she sleeps for the first few hours of the trip.
be watching this thread, and if you feel up to it and have time can you give us your starting location and ending location please :glasses7:
I would be nice to know about where you are at and talk about your trip while you are on the road. departing time and location and the destination :thumblef:

cliff if u need it u have my addy just have them put it on the anvlop my name that way the rest in the home know who it need to get to . i will open it if its ur i will put it right back in and put it up tell u get here .. then u call me when u get here and poof i get ur what ever it is :cheers:

OOOO!! I see the dates now Ciiff :cheers: It should make it.
I hope we get to hear more from you before you get on the road, Like you I enjoy driving at night and get some sleep while Treva finishes up a few things and gets the car packed with food and drink, then she sleeps for the first few hours of the trip.
be watching this thread, and if you feel up to it and have time can you give us your starting location and ending location please :glasses7:
I would be nice to know about where you are at and talk about your trip while you are on the road. departing time and location and the destination :thumblef:
I like this ideal mike :hello1:

cliff if u need it u have my addy just have them put it on the anvlop my name that way the rest in the home know who it need to get to . i will open it if its ur i will put it right back in and put it up tell u get here .. then u call me when u get here and poof i get ur what ever it is :cheers:
Thanks DD I will ask Ram if he hasn't mailed it off to do that.

I got parts from GA in 3 days, so you should have it Friday at the latest. No telling how Irene might affect the delivery time though.

Irene won't hurt mail delivery. I am too far inland,we got a little rain off and on and some wind. No storm damage like the coast.

Be positive and play the theme from "The Jeffersons" tv show as you are leaving.

-
Back