mp cams

-
So tell us about your combination that did not run good... its just a question.. no need to get defensive... pretty much all combinatins can be tweaked some to be optimized... gear, timing, carb, converter stall... lots of variables.

:happy1: So is Stroked 340 going to answer?

Oh and my combination was in 3 different engines... i had my primary engine my cousin ran the same combination and we had a spare engine to share between us .. all with the mp 590 cam all had several hundred runs on them... never a cam failure... so mine ran great and never had a failure... who has a stock stroke 360 that has run quicker with a new technology flat tappet cam... oh yeah i also ran junkyard j heads... admittedly they were ported... heavily...

Im not implying im the fastest.. blah blah blah. Just making the point obvious that if you think all the mp cams are junk and wont run...well...
you are wrong.

Longroof, just out of curiosity what did that car weigh?

BTW, it is DISGUSTIONG to go to the track and watch the MoPar stuff go so slow. They have all the go fast crap, but they are running low 12's or maybe mid 11's but you can see the aftermarket heads, manifold, headers all that crap. I call them underachievers.

Must be th new cams lolololololololol.

You know this is something I really don't get since I got back into the D-racing scene after a long lay off over the past 3 yrs, there's at least 4 cars I could give you specs of, just briefly, a '68 roadrunner with a 540 -1 motor, b/halved etc. etc., running 10.30's, a Duster with a 500ci running 10.30's, a '67 Notchback 'cuda with 13.1CR 493, -1 heads, roller cam etc. etc. running 10.30@130, a '68 fastback 'cuda with a victor headed 512 b/halved running a best of 10.44, I mean whats the deal here?...all cars hook reasonably well? but man thems is slow times!!, then you got my mate who ran the low buck Dart, 440ci, 12.7CR, eddy hds, .590 solid, factory iron rockers and goes 10.1 on SS springs, the block did come from the USA though.......my old '69 Cuda, stock 440sp motor with BV 906's, 9.8:1, big solid cam, 3000lbs, big tyre, way off from the parts these guys have today, I only ran it one time with the BV heads and went 10.7 and reckon it could've sneaked up on to a high 10.5 with some messing with, this is with what I call crap parts compared, rods/pistons that weighed 2lbs!!, crap CR compared but only 3>4 tnths off....and some of those motors in those cars were built by professionals!.......just don't get it, optimising your chassis comes into it but man you gotta have some HP there to start with!!!, they should be too quick for Super Gas!!....so there's nothing wrong with running old junk cams if everything else surrounding it works, as a lot of new stuff don't...........Saying all that there are some cars that run well though to be fair, a '68 Dart with a 505ci/glide at 9.1's and some others......

-
Back