Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all, unfortunately this will have to apply to Canadians as the rules for shipping paint has changed. I have a case(6 cans)?of hemi orange paint. Part # P4349216AC. NA anymore apparently, but neither is the MP red I require part # P4349218AB.
Trade can for can?

20221220_113235.jpg

20221220_114538.jpg

Steve, if the trade doesn’t work out for you, I used Duplicolor Chrysler Red on my 273. I’m happy with it, but you’d just have to test it against the MP Red that you have to see if it matches. I got mine at O’Reilly’s. You might be able to get it at any auto parts store near you.

178750C4-42FC-4F9E-9E89-E828B24A26D5.jpeg

Thanks for posting, engine looks great! Is this it?
Difficult to find up here.
Amazon product ASIN B002969CGQ
Steve, if the trade doesn’t work out for you, I used Duplicolor Chrysler Red on my 273. I’m happy with it, but you’d just have to test it against the MP Red that you have to see if it matches. I got mine at O’Reilly’s. You might be able to get it at any auto parts store near you.

View attachment 1716024357

If you can't work out a trade Steve let me know what you want for the 6 cans of street hemi orange... and for the shipping to the West of you.

Have you got the Duplicolor code?
TIA

View attachment 1716024357

If the MP red you're wanting is to match a 273 or a slant 6, Krylon Farm Implement International Harvester red is a dead match. Probably less expensive and easier to find.

They do sell spray bombs, but I'd say the IH Red they sell in quarts and gallons would work to for a spray gun. By the time I get done painting a motor with spray cans anymore, my finger is about to fall off...lol.

They do sell spray bombs, but I'd say the IH Red they sell in quarts and gallons would work to for a spray gun. By the time I get done painting a motor with spray cans anymore, my finger is about to fall off...lol.
Probably a better choice yet.

$21 Canuck bucks a can at CTC Steve for that engine paint, but I don't see 1632. It is available somewhere though and would be CDE1632 up here. It's in their catalog.

NAPA shows every colour but it at $18/can.

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne, yeah I was at CT before I started this thread. Unfortunately with CT, you cant search their site by the Duplicolor number. They had about 3-4 different shades of red in engine enamel, but not chrysler lol
The 6pk case has different part # ede163207-6pk
$21 Canuck bucks a can at CTC Steve for that engine paint, but I don't see 1632. It is available somewhere though and would be CDE1632 up here. It's in their catalog.

NAPA shows every colour but it at $18/can.

Yeah I checked napa up here, but nothing. That's a different number tho, I'll chk again in the am, thank you! :thumbsup:
Do you have NAPA stores up there? They carry it.

As I just noted, they don't! They have every other colour though...

Ah. Down here (Ohio) they selli under their Part #DCDE1632
Duplicolor Paint Engine Enamel with Ceramic, Chrysler Red, DE1632 Chrysler Red, 12 OZ
(5)
Part #: DC DE1632

I bet the paint on Amazon you found Steve is shipping out of the USA. They seem to have zero issues doing so! I bought my Turquoise paint from Jeggs and as soon as it was shipped and they learned the hurdles to get it here they changed their website to say shipping in the USA ONLY !

Turns out it was at Canadian Tire. Wording on the label " Industrial Red" they dropped "Chrysler" for some reason? Duplicolor #DE1632.
Thanks for the help guys!
They had 6 I bought 4.$21/can. Even the website says "Industrial Red".
Thanks! :thumbsup:
:( Sorry you're having a hard time finding it there. I wonder how long Justin would put me in jail for smuggling spray bombs across a backwoods border? lol

I bet the paint on Amazon you found Steve is shipping out of the USA. They seem to have zero issues doing so! I bought my Turquoise paint from Jeggs and as soon as it was shipped and they learned the hurdles to get it here they changed their website to say shipping in the USA ONLY !

20221223_110039.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back