MP Stage V heads

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Hey everyone i am looking into buying a set of heads for my drag car which is stock stroke 383 and was debating between the 440source heads and the edelbrocks and then i saw the MP Stage V heads for $650. Yes they are bare and i will need valves,springs,locks,retainers etc. but is there anything i should know about these heads before i purchase them? as in do i have to do anything "extra" to make them fit on my 383? what combustion chamber are these? Would it be worth buying these over the other choices that supposedly run out of the box? What do these heads flow out the box? This is going to be a race car built on a budget and my budget actually seems to like these heads even though they are bare.

Personally I'd go with the Edlebrock heads. They'll flow as good if not better than the MP Stage V heads. A ton of the horsepower is coming from the top of the engine. (heads, intake, rockers, carb etc.) I wouldn't cut corners up top. Just my opinion.

IIRC, the stage V heads are stock heads given a MP trick treatment and are unported. IMO, I'd ask a head porter to find out any info on the head vs going right to a Edelbrock head and then still yet porting the head. A cheaper head (Price wise) may still yet pay dividins in the long run. Know the cave eats and limits to the heads before jumping.

Contact BJRracing here or click this and ask the question(s) http://bjrracing.com/

Mancini I think has a set for that price as part of the fire sale stuff. Stage Vs are an ok head. But they are iron and open chamber. If you're building a fresh engine, use something aluminum and closed chamber and you can build it to make more power. By the time you have them ready to run, you will have spent over $1000 on open chamber iron heads. Not worth the return IMO.

-
Back