MP subframe connectors - you'd think they would fit

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I bought Mopar Performance subframe connectors. The price was right, and I thought being "Mopar" performance, they would also fit the best. I guess I was wrong. When the rear is in place and all the way forward against the rail, it falls an inch short of the front rail. We had to notch out a piece of the rear connector to allow it to slide forward more. On the driver's side it was short as well, and there is a little bulge in the rail that they didn't take into account, so we had to air hammer the rail flat to make the connector sit flat. You would think they have never seen a car before. I was very disappointed, but they are now in place and bolted and welded in.

What wheelbase are you installing the connectors into. I think a-bodies came in 106", 108", 110" and 111" varieties, but I could be wrong.

I ordered them vehicle specific. They are in now, so the point is moot, but for a minute I thought I was working on a Ford. Their parts never fit.

Yup you would think they would fit if they were model specific. I personally like the look of the uscartool connectors, if my floor was stock I'd give them a try.

And when dealing with phord you need every single tool that has ever been and a few custom one off tools. Can anyone justify the existence of a 6.5 mm bolt head. It is for the situation when a 6mm is too small and 7mm is overkill.

I didn't like mine either, plus they're waaay too expensive. I'll build my own next time, live and learn I guess.

I didn't like mine either, plus they're waaay too expensive. I'll build my own next time, live and learn I guess.

I agree about building my own next time now that I've seen these. They weren't too expensive, though. I think I paid $140 for them. If they had fit it would have been worth saving the time and effort to make my own.

-
Back