MP valve covers-power brake booster

-

MI_Mopar

Reaction score
I just bought some used Mopar performance valve cover to put on my dart and the power brakes booster (huge freakin piece of crap!) is in my way...ie, they wont fit. anyone have any suggestions? i would like to keep the power brakes btw.

so thats the only option if i am to keep the power brakes? this is not gonna be a daily driver or anything. how hard is it to convert the brakes to manual?

will it fit if i took the brake booster out...put the valve covers on and then tried putting the booster back on? what about an aftermarket smaller booster form jegs or something?....anyone ever run into this?

How much room from the stock valve cover to the PB booster? How much taller (if any) are your new valve covers?
Take the measurements and that should tell you if the new valve covers will fit under the existing PB booster.
Personally, I don't like the PB booster. I think it really clutters up the engine compartment and power brakes aren't necessary on an A-body. But that's just my opinion.
I'm converting my '69 Dart from power to manual discs.

will it fit if i took the brake booster out...put the valve covers on and then tried putting the booster back on? what about an aftermarket smaller booster form jegs or something?....anyone ever run into this?

I run this set up, there is maybe 1/2" between them. You don't really have to remove the booster, but can loosen it and pull it to the side. If your intake is off, you can slide it from the top of the head.

Hope this helps.

Eric

-
Back