MPG Increace

-
I agree with 273. I also agree with those who suggested the o2 sensor and Vac. gage. The electric fans you suggested would help as would the Thermoquad that RustyRatRod has suggested. Full synthetic fluids all around would help everything on wear and MPG. Just my 2 cents. Good luck and let us know how your changes work out...

My suggestion.

That cam is only ~220 at .050 so it's relatively small on duration/overlap.

Get an A/F meter and see what the cruise ratio is running. I bet it's really rich on cruise and needs some dialing in. If it's running in the 12's and you get it into the low-mid 14's it will help the mileage.

Tune up has a huge effect on mileage. Unfortunately, people that think they are positively spot on for a tune up are not close. Cars will run with all sorts of off base tune up.

This is spot on...i get ten in town with the4.56s.

Go to a FAST system EFI. That'll help, as are many of the suggestions given. Ditch the ultra low profile wide tires. Get back to reality with a 70 series for front and maybe a tall 60 series for the rear, pumped up to 35 lbs. that'll get you into the 28-20 mpg range. Carbs, especially 750's suck.......... Even more gas.

-
Back