360 magnum 395hp crate engine
Eq heads
288/292 501/513 cam
750 double pumper
3500 stall
391 gears
28” tire
2800 lbs

right now the car runs 11.80s with the m1 seems like it pulls hard in the higher rpm

would the air gap help et? Don’t care about trap speed

If it goes 11.80's and you are bracket racing, is a tenth worth 300$?

Your combo is right on the border. It could help or it could hurt performance. If yours is a single plane I don't think it will help. Especially at 2800lbs.

Yea man, tough call. There have been a few members here right at your level area and they have tried the switch. At this juncture, it’s all in the, well, everything about the car. It’s more than just the engine combo. Though of course that’s a lot....
Anyways..... some guys went faster, others have slowed down.
Could you borrow one?

The RPM will make more torque and I’d say until 4-4.5K
The M1 is a screamer all the way up afterwards.
You might do better with more cam & gear to get that single plane working better/best.

Try the rpm if you know someone with one sitting. It’s worth the try. Then you’ll know if it’s worth the expense.
Good luck.

Spend your money on a converter. That ain't enough. If you fix that converter the single plane will be the AG every time.

I'd need to spend a bit more time but I also think a 4:30 wouldn't hurt anything either.

Changing intakes to fix a converter issue doesn't make sense to me.

I agree that a converter change would help. I have another thread on here about a cam swap but I’m basically being told the cam that I have is enough but I disagree

360 magnum 395hp crate engine
Eq heads
288/292 501/513 cam
750 double pumper
3500 stall
391 gears
28” tire
2800 lbs

right now the car runs 11.80s with the m1 seems like it pulls hard in the higher rpm

would the air gap help et? Don’t care about trap speed
What RPM do you shift at? What is your 60 ft times? The Eddy RPM should 60 ft better with the current converter and gears. If you change gears and converter, I'd stick with the M1 single plane.

I agree that a converter change would help. I have another thread on here about a cam swap but I’m basically being told the cam that I have is enough but I disagree
That kinda answers it in my book. Get the correct converter for what you have. Likely meet your goals. Less work, less money. Get another cam, still gonna need a converter. And then there's the intake, I'm thinking snowball rolling down hill.

converter made a HUGE difference for me but i went from a stock 11" converter that was tweaked to stall at 2800(408 stalled at 3000) to a 4200 stall.

The RPM would fatten up the entire torque curve and make the same HP as the M1. With your current chassis set up I think it could easily be worth the 2 tenths you're looking for.

That kinda answers it in my book. Get the correct converter for what you have. Likely meet your goals. Less work, less money. Get another cam, still gonna need a converter. And then there's the intake, I'm thinking snowball rolling down hill.

the cam calls for the 3500 stall that’s why I bought it. I think a true 4K stall would be perfect. The best 60ft has been high 1.7 which is super soft imo

the cam calls for the 3500 stall that’s why I bought it. I think a true 4K stall would be perfect. The best 60ft has been high 1.7 which is super soft imo
A bunch here with more knowledge than I say converter, and I agree. And you think so too. So.......But, why do you disagree with others on the cam being fine? You do know many go quicker and perhaps faster with smaller cams than what you have? In many threads similar to this people ask for opinions/advice, they get advice yet the op's decision seems already determined. It seems that way here or am I mistaken?:)

A bunch here with more knowledge than I say converter, and I agree. And you think so too. So.......But, why do you disagree with others on the cam being fine? You do know many go quicker and perhaps faster with smaller cams than what you have? In many threads similar to this people ask for opinions/advice, they get advice yet the op's decision seems already determined. It seems that way here or am I mistaken?:)
All I’m saying is that the specs on my cam are super sloppy compared to some of the newer style camshafts

All I’m saying is that the specs on my cam are super sloppy compared to some of the newer style camshafts
I’d call them soft and slow but I have seen the crate 360/380 run low 12’s high 11’s at Englishtown. A lot has to do with how well the car is sorted out and how serious the driver is.

I’d call them soft and slow but I have seen the crate 360/380 run low 12’s high 11’s at Englishtown. A lot has to do with how well the car is sorted out and how serious the driver is.

my car has gone 11.70s @115 but it just feels lazy to me compared to my dart

And here was your fatal mistake. My cam card makes power to 8500RPm and calls for a 5000 convertor. My engine makes peak power at 5,900.

If you haven't had the engine on a dyno you are guessing at best. Advertised powerbands, advertised durations are ALL BS.

What cam is it? I really hate looking for other threads on here because I'm too dumb to find them, and I hate catalog cams even worse.

-
Back