Mr. Norm?

-

Moose

Reaction score
Who was Mr. Norm? Was he the Yenko of Mopar? :read2:

if im corect mr norm was a car dealership in the states and took darts (i forget what year exactly) and he put 383 (possibly 440s brain fart)big block in them .... this is speacial because the big blocks were not an option in those cars he started it i think ...

so only a small amout of darts were original big blocks if you find one keep it and sleep with it i would lol

someone will probly explane this better as i havent read on this in a long time and im still pretty new with a bodies

im probly missing a few deatails and if im wrong corect me i love reading on this stuff

Mr Norm Krause was first to put big block in a bodies on phone . Had business at Grand and Spaulding in Chicago. Very nice man when I talked to him on phone in early 90's. He actually returned a phone call after I wrote a note asking about how he did motor mounts for the first 440 he put in Dart.

its now owned my Bill S. here in Az and we mite be building there cars from now on...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box60rO7C50&NR=1"]YouTube - Mr. Norm Interview, Pt. 1 - How the '68 Dart GSS Was Created[/ame]

Thanx for the 340 dave I have never seen mr norm let alone hered him talk hes a BAD *** hahahah I wonder if theres anything laying around in the old GS buildings...... maby hidden away?

As a 5 or 6 year old ('67-'68 ) I had an embarrassing moment in Mr. Norms showroom. My father did advertising work with Mr. Norm, he sold air time for a Chicago radio station. My dad brought me with him one day and thought it would be a good idea to play a prank on me in front of Mr. Norm and the sales crew.

My dad handed me what was to me, a large jar, and told me it had cookies in it. He told me to open it up so I could have one and share them. Well... I opened the lid and it was a snake in a jar gag... A large "snake" popped out of the jar, it startled me and I dropped the jar on the showroom floor shattering it into a million pieces. Needless to say Norm wasn't too thrilled with the joke. I didn't care for the embarrassment either since even at that age I thought Mr. Norm's was about the coolest place in the world with all the great cars on display.

My grandpa owned a three flat on Spaulding and had a Polara 4 door until he died in '66. My grandma kept that car until 1972 when she bought a Bright Red '72 Dart with a 318 from Grand Spaulding Dodge. Her Dart had a black vinyl top and a black interior. She had good taste! That turned out to be my first car as I bought it from her when I was 16. I turned grandma's 318 Dart into an 11second runner on nitrous. I built my "new" Dart as a tribute to my grandma and that first car of mine.

The old...
dart.jpg

The new...
DSC_2777.jpg

As a 5 or 6 year old ('67-'68 ) I had an embarrassing moment in Mr. Norms showroom. My father did advertising work with Mr. Norm, he sold air time for a Chicago radio station. My dad brought me with him one day and thought it would be a good idea to play a prank on me in front of Mr. Norm and the sales crew.

My dad handed me what was to me, a large jar, and told me it had cookies in it. He told me to open it up so I could have one and share them. Well... I opened the lid and it was a snake in a jar gag... A large "snake" popped out of the jar, it startled me and I dropped the jar on the showroom floor shattering it into a million pieces. Needless to say Norm wasn't too thrilled with the joke. I didn't care for the embarrassment either since even at that age I thought Mr. Norm's was about the coolest place in the world with all the great cars on display.

My grandpa owned a three flat on Spaulding and had a Polara 4 door until he died in '66. My grandma kept that car until 1972 when she bought a Bright Red '72 Dart with a 318 from Grand Spaulding Dodge. Her Dart had a black vinyl top and a black interior. She had good taste! That turned out to be my first car as I bought it from her when I was 16. I turned grandma's 318 Dart into an 11second runner on nitrous. I built my "new" Dart as a tribute to my grandma and that first car of mine.

The old...
dart.jpg

The new...
DSC_2777.jpg

Beautiful car, Beautiful car. Mine will be it's blue twin once I paint it.

-
Back