Mr Norms 340 tri power part numbers

-

Hadahemi

Reaction score
Looking for info on the 1971 340 tri power setup that was used on Mr Norms Demons. Can anyone tell me intake and carb numbers (or know where I can look)? Also, was it a Mopar intake or aftermarket? I'm assuming the fuel lines and linkage were Mopar parts as was used on AAR Cuda and TA Challengers, but if anyone knows details that would be good.

there was only one intake for small blocks and it was cast by edelbrock with a mopar part number on it.

carb...if you look at mr norms set up...what side are the fuel lines on...the holley carbs used on 340 6 pak carbs are on the passenger side...if they are on the driver side then they are same as the carbs used on chevy tri-powers.

The intake is an Edelbrock and the carbs were for a Corvette. I can't remember the #'s off the top of my head, but I will go out and look tomorrow when the light is better. The real Mr. Norm's Demons did not run the same fuel lines as the 70 Six pack engine, the fuel went into the carbs on the drivers side. the fuel rail and linkage used is made of unobtainium, so if you have any luck finding those parts, I know people that will pay a good amount for them. The GSS Demons I've seen (besides mine) are running a brass and steel fuel line and have some sort of linkage that isn't correct. I'll shoot you some pics so you can see what you would be looking for.

Also, if I'm thinking correctly, the original 6 pk Mopar setup was vacuum operated and the Mr. Norm cars had mechanical linkage.

There are some mechanical 6 pk carbs posted 4 sale today here on FABO. I do not know if they are correct though.....

Looking for info on the 1971 340 tri power setup that was used on Mr Norms Demons. Can anyone tell me intake and carb numbers (or know where I can look)? Also, was it a Mopar intake or aftermarket? I'm assuming the fuel lines and linkage were Mopar parts as was used on AAR Cuda and TA Challengers, but if anyone knows details that would be good.

Hi
I have this carbs for sale, I posted it in Parts for sale. You can look it. Also I have a new linckage for them in the OEM sealed bag, but the only part missing is the rod,( I paid $100.00 for the linckage without the rod last summer in Carlisle Show) that you can buy it in some store and make it. The first Picture is the carbs that I have for sale, and the secod picture is a example of the fuels lines and linckage,remember the only part that I dont have is the rod.I have more pictures of it, if need the pictures I can send to your email.

Information Found:
Holley part number 4782 and 4783.
Uses mechanical linkage and has accelerator pumps on all carbs.
Fuel line inlets on drivers side.
These were MOPAR specific carbs originally sold through the old Direct Connection at Dodge dealers and later through Holley suppliers like Summit etc. Designed for modified cars with bigger cams, headers, better flowing heads etc.
Discontinued about 20 years now.
Not the same as Ford and Corvette tri power carbs."
Mr. Norms had them on A bodies.

IMG_8621.jpg

!BZ3BJ7wB2k~$(KGrHgoOKi0EjlLmV1mnBKo)WsugVw~~_12.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg

-
Back