mr norms demon

-
there is that weird air cleaner lid that people had posted about a couple of months ago... people couldn't figure what it was for if even original...

That's the style air cleaner that mr norm put on his 6 pack conversions. I saw another one in a mopar action mag. Price seams pretty high for a rusted out car in for sale in the great resession .

I have the same air-cleaner that was with a 6-pac set up I bought years ago.

The guy has the window sticker from grand Spaulding dodge . The 6 pack set up looks like what gsd put on there cars. I know a few old fogies that bought cars from there back in the day that had em do a six pack conversion.

Been forsale before.... to much.....Going to cost you minimum 15000-20000 to put back to original .... is it really worth over 40000 when done....

cool car but to much to invest in just to turn around and rip it apart and dump another 15k in it to restore it.

I agreee with being over priced, I think it should be a $12,000 car the way it is..Maybe a little more, but it needs a full resto...Cool car when it's done.

you could get a six pack on 72s also. there was another 72 identical to this one about 15 years ago that they were asking 15k for. same condition, but had the paxton set up. too much for cars that are basically projects.

Early 1972 model year 340's were supposed to be "left over" high compression (10.25:1) 1971 engines ; and judging by this Demon's scheduled build date of 09/1971 , it's possible that there's a left over '71 engine in it .

While the '72 GSS Demon was the first year for the Paxton Blower , I'd imagine that Norm offered the Six Pack induction if a customer wanted it .

I don't see any evidence that this Demon had Norms add the "Tri-Power" setup on it ; I only see that the car was sold new through Norms (and the subsequent "Super Tune").

Don't get me wrong, I love Mr Norm's, but way overpriced for this car. I owned a 68 GSS about 20 years ago, and in my opinon the GSS command more cash the the later car's. Granted, this is a piece of history, but unless this was a keeper, you will have a small fortune in this car. This car deserves a proper restoration, but it's a tough market right now.

I'd give the guy 10 grand and just drive it the way it is.

The car looks like its leaning to the right quite a bit. Maybe torsion mount issues along with all the rust.

-
Back