Mr. Norm's Dusters

-

DusterEd

Reaction score
I have read that somebody has a Mr. Norm's Plymouth Duster. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Mr. Norm was the owner of Grand Spaulding DODGE. I never heard of him selling Plymouths. Unless he also owned a Plymouth dealership. Now I've met a person in Puerto rico that says he has a Mr. Norm 1970 340 Duster. I have seen the car and he has the order sheet from Grand Spaulding, Ill. Anybody have input on this??

Ya I thought the same, I've NEVER HEARD of a Mr. Norm's Duster, Darts and Demon YES but NOT Dusters. I would have thought maybe the guy just put the Norm's Supercharger or Tri-Power set up on the car and calls it one. But the fact that he has official paperwork makes me wonder. I too would like to see what others think about this!

The order sheet that I saw did say Grand Spaulding Ill. but I think that's the name of the town. I could be a Plymouth Dealer there.

well i don't know 100% but I thought that it was called Grande Spaulding Dodge cause it was located on the corner of Grande & Spaulding road? Now it may be located in Grande Spaulding Ill, on the corner of Grande & Spaulding but if not then its not the same Grande Spaulding. If somone could elaborate on this it would be nice. Hope what that wasn't too confusing lol.

I`m with you 72 Durstya, I believed he was located at the corner of the two streets Grand and Spaulding in Chicago?????

It was a Dodge dealer in Chicago but that doesn't mean that no Plymouths ever went through their doors. Two of the big Mopar mags recently featured a Plymouth Belvedere station wagon that was sold elsewhere but went through Mr. Norm's Service Dep't to have a 440 6 pack engine installed to replace the stock 383. The car received the Mr.Norm's Sport Club decals as well as a Grand Spaulding Dodge dealer sticker afterwards.

The car (with owner-added GTX trim):

SEMA%20Plymouthwagon.jpg

When it comes to Mopar, I've learned to never say never.

yep just went to www.mrnorms.com and it was located on the corner of Gand and Spaulding in Chicago. So the Duster came from a dealership in Gandspaulding Ill, completely different dealership.

Maybe the dealership was located on Grandspauld and Ing drive....

Sorry, I could not resist.

Do you think Mr. Norm was that brand specific that he would deny a Plymouth the same graces if someone had brought one to him for modifications?

It was a Dodge dealer in Chicago but that doesn't mean that no Plymouths ever went through their doors. Two of the big Mopar mags recently featured a Plymouth Belvedere station wagon that was sold elsewhere but went through Mr. Norm's Service Dep't to have a 440 6 pack engine installed to replace the stock 383. The car received the Mr.Norm's Sport Club decals as well as a Grand Spaulding Dodge dealer sticker afterwards.

The car (with owner-added GTX trim):

SEMA%20Plymouthwagon.jpg

When it comes to Mopar, I've learned to never say never.

Yup I agree, anything is possible in Mopar land. I read that article too.

Hi,
I am form PR but I don't think that this car is a Mr. Norm Duster I never herard about this car. I only heard about a 72 Demon in the South of the Island I am still looking. I saw in the Mr. Norm web page a 1973 Supercharger Duster. Some body told me that the only proof to know if the car was from Mr. Norm is the Mr. Dealer invoice, I dont know if the fender tag have some special code.

scastillo The Duster I saw was from Yauco. I saw it at the flea market car show in Sabana Grande in July. But the car didn't have any stickers on the rear glass or anywhere else. It did have a old sticker from PR. The owner told me that he had to remove them to paint the car. But why would he leave some old sticker from PR on the glass?

Hi Duster Ed. Yes you are right. I went on weekend to a Auto Show in the west side of the Island (Cabo Rojo) and I saw the car. Is a 1970 Plymouth Duster owned by a guy named "Egy". The car is a factory 340 car Burnt Orange, I look the Vin tag, fender tag and radiator support and is a Match #. I saw this car in 1993 in Sabana Grande PR. Egy bought the car. He have a new copy of the Invoice Sticker that said Grand Spaulding, but I have my doubts. He said tha he send the copy of the brocast paper to Galen Gouvier and he said that the car was sold in Mr. Norm dealer. Really the reproduction Invoice Paper that he have of the car dont seem original. Maybe is a real Mr. Norm imported car.

scastillo The Duster I saw was from Yauco. I saw it at the flea market car show in Sabana Grande in July. But the car didn't have any stickers on the rear glass or anywhere else. It did have a old sticker from PR. The owner told me that he had to remove them to paint the car. But why would he leave some old sticker from PR on the glass?

Hi DusterEd! I was on the last weekend in Hormigueros Auto Show, PR . and I saw again the Pymouth Duster that have the windows sticker price label that said Grand Spaulding (Dealer Sold). I check it and is a real match # 340 car. The owner, EGY'S, mention to me that he read that exist more plymouths cars sold in Mr. norms Cars. I also, found a person that mention to me again that he knows of a 72 Demon from Mr. Norm that is located in the south of the Island, but the car dont have the motor. I dont take a picture form the Windows Sticker Label because I need Egys permision, but I will call him.I still looking the car. Did you go to Carlisle next july? let me know I 'll be there with 20+ mopar lovers!

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_6254.jpg

-
Back