mr.stix 70 Duster

-

mr.stix

Reaction score
Hey Guys I'm new here and just wanted to share my resto with ya'll. Had this car for 11 years and let it sit and rust. Looking forward to a nice street/strip car that my family can enjoy. Here are some pics since I picked it up from my dads place a year ago.

DSCN2425.jpg

DSCN2426.jpg

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2438.jpg

DSCN2435.jpg

DSCN2433.jpg

DSCN2432.jpg

Finally on the dolly....
DSCN3125.jpg

Decided to lightly pressure wash all the grime off...
DSCN3246.jpg

After
DSCN3248.jpg
DSCN3254.jpg

DSCN3253.jpg

wow she cleaned up pretty good, Keep us updated with this project its a nice starting point you have. What kind of drivetrain are you gunna be running?

Welcome to the site! And doesn't look like a bad project at all. Whats the original engine/tranny/rear end? Also, what's the blue one behind it?

Some pics of the start of the resto now. Trying to get it down to the shell so I can see just how much cancer I'm up against. Fell in love with Dusters in high school so this is my dream car. My step dad is a Mopar nut and bought this car for me for my 16th birthday. I'll post pic's of his 68 Valiant later.

Cleaned out the roof seam with a wire wheel just too see how it looked. Need to spend some more time and get all the rust out. This car came with a white vinyl top.
DSCN3274.jpg

DSCN3274.jpg

Started at the front...
DSCN3276.jpg

Grill came out in one piece, heard horror stories about these grills disintegrating.
DSCN3277.jpg

DSCN3278.jpg

DSCN3279.jpg

DSCN3281.jpg

DSCN3404.jpg

DSCN3405.jpg

DSCN3406.jpg

Got bored and took the tail lights out. I'll have to get the camera out and take some shots of the trunk and all its rusted glory.
DSCN3739.jpg

Weird dent right at the corner not sure how that's gunna get fixed might have to get creative I guess.
DSCN3740.jpg

More to come later...Any suggestions or thoughts send em my way. Really excited to be here among all you A body enthusiast.

wow she cleaned up pretty good, Keep us updated with this project its a nice starting point you have. What kind of drivetrain are you gunna be running?

Not sure yet, with as much cancer as I'm finding just getting through the body work is eating up all my focus LOL.

Welcome to the site! And doesn't look like a bad project at all. Whats the original engine/tranny/rear end? Also, what's the blue one behind it?

225 slant? Haven't even looked at the trans or rear end. The car behind it is My Dads 64 Ford Galaxy, I was brought home from the hospital in that car. My Dad is a Ford guy and My Step Dad is a Mopar man. I'm now a Mopar man as well, can't get enough.

Nice find! I wish I could find a factory sublime mopar. Looks like someone changed the gauge cluster with one from a 74-76.

Yeah I have the original cluster. Its missing the spedo needle and the glass. Going to send it off to get restored soon. Yeah this car came in Sublime with a white vinyl top and rally wheels. I was going to take a look at the fender tag but I don't think its the original as the driver door and fender are from another car as you can see in some of the pictures. There is a brown stripe running the length of the driver fender and door where a chrome strip used to be. Must have come off a Valiant cause they left the Valiant emblem on the fender and even put a matching one of the passenger fender above the Duster graphic. Can't wait too see it re-sprayed in Sublime.

Yeah I have the original cluster. Its missing the spedo needle and the glass. Going to send it off to get restored soon. Yeah this car came in Sublime with a white vinyl top and rally wheels. I was going to take a look at the fender tag but I don't think its the original as the driver door and fender are from another car as you can see in some of the pictures. There is a brown stripe running the length of the driver fender and door where a chrome strip used to be. Must have come off a Valiant cause they left the Valiant emblem on the fender and even put a matching one of the passenger fender above the Duster graphic. Can't wait too see it re-sprayed in Sublime.

Nice color combo. If the fender and door were changed that wouldnt affect the fender tag plus all 1970 Dusters said valiant on the fenders...

Welcome to FABO.....amazing what a little water did......

Welcome Mr.Stix. This is a great place to hang out. I too have a 70 FJ5, white vinyl top, Duster. Is yours white interior? I'm in Beaverton. What part of town are you in? I just got mine about a week ago.

Don't know why I was thinking the fender tag was on the fender, I should know better. Must have been a lack of sleep when I posted that. The reason I thought the door and fender might have been replaced is because the Duster logo that goes under the the Valiant logo is missing. Also the holes for marker light on the top of the fender look a little off like they where torched and not punched out. The right fenders holes are nice and clean. I could be wrong. The green paint came off when I peeled the molding off. As for the sticker in the 1/4 window I'll have to look at it later can't seem to remember what it said. JoeTheDog, mine has a black interior. I'm in Oregon City. Love to see some pics of your car.

Just went out too look at my fender tag and its gone. Looks like it fell off recently cause there is a bright spot and adhesive residue that's about the size and location of the tag even though I thought it was riveted on. Kinda bummed. I have the build sheet for info but its pretty destroyed. Any way to get replacements for these?

Just went out to the garage and snapped a few shots of the trunk. Lots of cancer kinda worried about it. Lots of rust around the right leaf spring perch. Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_20101128_150553.jpg

From the bottom side
IMG_20101128_150910.jpg

IMG_20101128_150930.jpg

Also I snapped a pic of the inner fender where the fender tag should be, also and there is a sticker both of the 1/4 windows there for Auto Club anyone know anything about this offers a $5000 reward for info about the car if it where stolen.
IMG_20101127_224046.jpg

IMG_20101128_150651.jpg

-
Back