-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Mike at MRL here. I have a rather starnge situation going on here. I built this 408 for a customer, and its more than he wants and can handle. Normally its the opposite, people wanting more, more more. Well he does not want it and now I have to sell it. Good news is, it runs great and has a ton of power for a Mild 408 stroker. It has great drivability and is complete from Carb to oil pan. It has been dynoed and is ready to go Right Now! Here is the run down

360 Non Magnum roller block(rare)
SCAT rotating assembly with cast crank forged pistons/rods
RPM heads, Stage 2 porting
RPM AG intake
MRL Custom HR cam
Aluminum roller rockers
Aluminum valve covers
750 VS carb with elec choke
Dist/wires/plugs/coil/FBO module
Mech fuel pump
Water pump
Pump gas 10 to 1
Kevko Oil Pan, stock appearing
I will have pics and dyno sheet posted tomorrow

This is normally a $9200 engine. We are open to offers. Just PM me here or email me and we will hash out all the details. This engine is NEW and fresh off the dyno. It made over 520HP and 530TQ, all in before 5800rpm. I stand behind this engine for you just like any other MRL engine. It runs perfect and there is plenty of power for any Mopar. One of the A body members on here has an engine very similar to this one in an A Body and its running low 11's.

Here are some pics and the dyno sheet. Again, I am open to offers, reasonable ones. This is a Hell of a 408 for your street/strip project. Buy now and SAVE!!!!! This is one of those deals that only comes around every once in a great while. So if you have been thinking about getting a 408, and want one that makes Real Power, this is your chance.

It has a no load idle of 950rpm pulling 14" vacuum. With a loaded idle of 750rpm and a 30ftlb load(like in gear) its pulling 11" vacuum. Just off idle at 1500rpm with a load its pulling 19" vacuum. So very streetable and you can run power brakes. I have dozens of these 408's with this cam and the same vacuum readings, and no complaints of power brakes not working.

Its a tight engine built to tight specs for a very long street life. Its designed to run 0w20 or 5w20 full synthetic oil. This is Not a Race engine, but it can be taken to the track and beat on all weekend long, or taken for a Long trip across the country. Low maintenance with the Hydraulic roller cam.

Attachments

• MRL 408.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,065
  • MRL 408-2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,983
  • MRL 408-3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,983
  • MRL 408 2-2016 Dyno.pdf
    942.5 KB · Views: 345
Its a real sweet engine and its making good power. These are real popular and I have dozens of them out there just like it.

Here is a Cuda with the same basic engine [ame]https://youtu.be/pmREEWYvxyM[/ame]

Yes it will accept a pilot bearing(rather than a bushing) and I can install it if needed or wanted.

Open to offers. Your not going to be disappointed with this one, it's a super nice package.

Sold yet? How much would a pair of 68 HP exhaust manifolds choke it down?

Still for sale.
It will accept a pilot bearing, like a stock Magnum type. Not an issue and can be installed for you.
The manifolds will choke it down some, but not until the higher rpm. It will still make a ton of torque, not matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back