mrl 408 stroker,its go time

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
mike built me a 408 magnum stroker.took it out for a drive today for the first time.it dynoed at 498 hp and 512 torque.my 73 duster took a liking to it.not a race car,just a hot street car.mike really knows his mopars,im very impressed with it.12" vac. so i was able to heep my power brakes.runs 190 degrees,idles@ 850 rpm,very good street maners.im putting on the nittos on monday,the bfgs just go up in smoke,wish i could get a bigger tire in there,but the 275 is about all she will take without more work.ill get some pictures or a clip and post it here .i just wanted to post and let you all know how pleased i am with this build.mike is a great guy,and a great asset to the mopar community.

408's are sweet motors. Which transmission and gears are you running? I love Nitto's. They make these high performance motors safe to drive on the street.

I have one of his 408s in my duster
Get ready to replace the rear end
AND the transmission ;)

EXCELLENT..Have a blast:finga:Everbody knows everybody.Its like ...

i dont yet, just did my shake down cruise.not a race car,just a street brawler.ill go to the track in the future.ill be running nitto street slicks.i would think it would run in the mid 11s

Thanks Jerry. It was a pleasure building it for you and meeting you.

It made 498HP at 5350rpm

Can't wait to get mine together machine shop got wrong pistons they were .050 in the my compression would have been like 8.4 to 1 lol. He ordered me some new ones with the correct compression height so should have engine back this week.

mike who? Never heard of him. Maybe cause I run bigblocks.

Mike did my 408. 520HP on pump gas. we'll be sending our Hemi to him when Keith Black sends it out. You should keep in mind for ANY Mopar engine build, big or small.

My 410 is being build with procomp heads prepped by Mike @ MRL... They look awesome... Great work and great service.
My engine should be ready and assembled in the coming weeks... Will keep you posted on the results

Attachments

• 20160316_143333.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG-20160316-WA0025.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 469
That is the Hughes Girdle

-
Back