MRL Performance 470 stroker

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Car and ***. Spend it,don't care voicing an opinion. Done it with machining work for under 10k.

Do your math instead of eatin your mush and geritol.1-2k block machine. Closer to 1 or less. , 1k cam and rollers,2k rotate forged Assy, 2k overpriced trickflows,1k misc and balance? Got 2 machine shops. Done it and build my own. GM, Ford or mopar. Mopar parts,even foreign and not mopar, are a it on the higher end.

Do your math instead of eatin your mush and geritol.1-2k block machine. Closer to 1 or less. , 1k cam and rollers,2k rotate forged Assy, 2k overpriced trickflows,1k misc and balance? Got 2 machine shops. Done it and build my own. GM, Ford or mopar. Mopar parts,even foreign and not mopar, are a it on the higher end.

Horseshit. If you could do it that cheap and make power and have it live past the dyno time, you'd have your own shop and you'd be doing it.

Add it up ... thats in and around 12000 ... What you stated is about 8000 + labour + Carb + distributor + dyno time + tax...+ the overcharge prices that MOPAR guys want for there used parts...

620 stirring the pot again. For no reason other than that defame people. Another fine memeber worthy to live forever.
LMAO

620 stirring the pot again. For no reason other than that defame people. Another fine memeber worthy to live forever.
LMAO
Yep probably. I work on cars for a hobby,heavy equipment,hydraulics and cranes for a living... But you wouldn't get that either. I'd never pay 12-17k for an engine. But I build my own. Don't worry bout my " stirring the pot" it's my opinion and I can voice it where I want to. It's a forum on a bodies and mopars which I have. I have plenty that's still running 20 and some 30 years later. Btw. Try math. That's 8000. Which is an 8 plus three zeros. Thought I otta spell that out for you.... Actually I don't care what you all do. Imo that's too high. I do my own and I've done em for others for less. I'm entitled to my opinion. You know what they say bout opinions...... That applies to you all too. Lol!

Last edited:
Ooooo, so many things I could address in your multi point babbling. I'll just "Spell out a few" for you at a kindergarten like manor since you seem to Communicate on that level.

"Yea probably" is how you started the reply, so that's a 100% yes to pot stirring.

I also have a car hobby. Multiple cars. The best time for the hobby is when I closed up the auto shop. This gave me lots of time to actually play wthe th the cars I had gathered.
When I closed the shop, I made a move to a better job for the long run.

I now have moved up and inside the company. I have worked in heavy equipment for 28 years now. From shoving parts around in a cart to replacement, rebuilding, updating, modifications and now inspections.

Your boasting is pathetic and is just a cup of chit IMO.

I have my Cuda 31 years now
My Magnum 21 years
Multiple Dusters throughout the years.

What you will pay to do and what someone will pay to have done are two different things.

"8,000 with 3 zeros"
LMFAO, what a
Loooooser you are, lolooolollooolllooll

Since your such a mechanical genius, what would you charge to put one of these together?

Yep probably. I work on cars for a hobby,heavy equipment,hydraulics and cranes for a living... But you wouldn't get that either. I'd never pay 12-17k for an engine. But I build my own. Don't worry bout my " stirring the pot" it's my opinion and I can voice it where I want to. It's a forum on a bodies and mopars which I have. I have plenty that's still running 20 and some 30 years later. Btw. Try math. That's 8000. Which is an 8 plus three zeros. Thought I otta spell that out for you....

Yep probably. I work on cars for a hobby,heavy equipment,hydraulics and cranes for a living... But you wouldn't get that either. I'd never pay 12-17k for an engine. But I build my own. Don't worry bout my " stirring the pot" it's my opinion and I can voice it where I want to. It's a forum on a bodies and mopars which I have. I have plenty that's still running 20 and some 30 years later. Btw. Try math. That's 8000. Which is an 8 plus three zeros. Thought I otta spell that out for you.... Actually I don't care what you all do. Imo that's too high. I do my own and I've done em for others for less. I'm entitled to my opinion. You know what they say bout opinions...... That applies to you all too. Lol!
Trolling 6 year old threads for combos you sound pretty credible other then the lip service.

Your $8000 dollar engine doesn't include everything the engine in this thread did. Go back to school.

Holy thread resurrection...

Why is this thread still even open?

I say we shut her down, mods before it gets uglier.

Really? What's the name of the machine shop/engine shop you own?

We're all waiting!

...........Dam, no double dam, if I can get a 470 built for 8Gs, i'm all in..............kim........
LMAO! AND! Remember, he'll also get better parts and make more power which I'm SURE will include a dyno sheet! LMAO, you'll probably get a desk dyno read out!

I can tell you from 5 yrs experience in a race engine shop; most people can not put together their own race engines, and what's worse, many think they can, but are wrong. Engines you can't turn over with a breaker bar, engines which have filters full of metal after dyno break in, engines which blow up on the dyno whereupon they start trying to blame you. Usually it's just "Man, I thought it'd make more than that....."

There's very few cases where you get something for nothing. S/F....Ken M

I can tell you from 5 yrs experience in a race engine shop; most people can not put together their own race engines, and what's worse, many think they can, but are wrong. Engines you can't turn over with a breaker bar, engines which have filters full of metal after dyno break in, engines which blow up on the dyno whereupon they start trying to blame you. Usually it's just "Man, I thought it'd make more than that....."

There's very few cases where you get something for nothing. S/F....Ken M

Been doing this stuff for decades and I'm always surprised by how many guys can't degree a cam, check valve to piston clearance, or even know to set and measure thrust bearing clearance.

Yet these guys call themselves builders.

I honed a block for a guy (we did all the machine work but the hone was the issue) and he put it together. Later learned he was doing it for his "customer" and told that "customer" he did the work. Anyway, that thing smoked like a crop duster. Naturally, the dumbass who put it together ran around telling everyone I couldn't finish a bore, that I was a prick because I said I highly doubt it was my bore finish and other stuff. After putting Bon Ami down the carb and destroying everything, the idiot took it apart and realized HE forgot to install the spacers under the oil ring because the wrist pin went through the oil ring.

That crap happens all the time. I also know a guy who buys used stuff and next to nothing, had me do all the work and then sells it as his work.

Crazy stuff.

That crap happens all the time. I also know a guy who buys used stuff and next to nothing, had me do all the work and then sells it as his work.

Crazy stuff.

I tell ya straight up, I'm not a builder but I do like putting them together. No major engine issues ever. Guys ask me to do that kind of work and I point them right at my machinist and say, "Thats my guy! I just screw chit together!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back