MSD 6AL-2 Ignition 2 step rev Control help

-

pest1688

Reaction score
Hi I'm hopeing some one can help. i'm not sure what to do with the blue wire for the Two Step Rev Control. do I even need it? the wire from the key to turn on & off the ingnition box can i just use that and twist the blue and red wires together then connect it back to the ingnition (key). I put the istallation guide below. Thanks alot you guy's have been such a big help with everything :)
http://www.msdignition.com/instructions/Products/Ignitions/6421.pdf?terms=6421

like it says...went 12 volts are activated to the blue wire the two step working

This wire activates the Two Step Rev Control. When 12 volts is applied to this wire, the low rpm limit is activated. When 12 volts is removed, the rev limit returns to the high limit.

say you have a trans brake installed...and went you engage the transbrake you would have the blue wire hooked up to the same wire as the transbrake...then the lower rpm of the two step will keep the engine at that rpm until the transbrake button is release..

so the question is what are you doing? .....street driving...you dont need the blue wire hooked up...

racing with electronics...then you MAY have an used for the blue wire and the low side of the two step

what 2-step do you have?? Should only be two wires. A ground and a hot...activate the 2 step however you want. Like said, with a trans brake or just a momentary switch or a toggle. When you throw hot to the 2-step you engage you low limit rpm. I use a 8672 for top end and a 3000 chip for the launch/burnout.

I have the 6al-2 and I use the first stage wired in combination with my line lock, set at 3000rpms. Allows me to set the linelock, push the accelerator to the floor with out pushing thru the linelock and release it when I want to launch. I am running a 4500 stall converter.
As previously mentioned, for general use you dont even need to connect the first stage wire.

I have the 6al-2 and I use the first stage wired in combination with my line lock, set at 3000rpms. Allows me to set the linelock, push the accelerator to the floor with out pushing thru the linelock and release it when I want to launch. I am running a 4500 stall converter.
As previously mentioned, for general use you dont even need to connect the first stage wire.

Just curious, what convertor are you running?? I have a 3400 stall but it is more like 3000 stall speed off the rev. I have a 3000 set for burn/launch also.

-
Back