Msd 6c

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just picked up an MSD 6c, it's an older box. Anybody know what the small spade plug in the opposite end from the 5 pin is for. Power from battery maybe?

Or does anyone have instructions for it. I searched MSD site briefly, but haven't found it yet.

Attachments

• MSD6c.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 464
Bruce , maybe one of these will help

Attachments

• msd.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 392
  • MSD%20wiring%20diagram%206A%20copy.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 402
I looked at those, this unit is older and it has the 5 pin on one end where you disconnect the orange box and put the plug onto the MSD. Then there is a single spade plug on the other end. That's the one I'm not sure about.

I'm almost leaning to the tach output, but I need to be sure.

I just scored a bunch of Mopar stuff today, woohoo.

Well I guess I'll give it a shot. I searched the world over and haven't come up with the instructions for it.

Thanks.

Hey did you ever get those gears we traded set up? Just curious how they worked out.

Better late than never?

From MSD:

MSD6Cwiring.jpg

No. It doesn't SHOW the pin in question. That output IS the tach, as already stated. I am running the 6C box in my Duster.

I don't see something on the pic of your 6C that IS on mine: I have red/black wires connected directly TO the MSD box. They are power/ground. My 6C is mounted on the left fender, power comes from the starter relay connections (battery is in the trunk).

My 6C has performed flawlessly for over 20 years.

Good luck!

Thanks, I just checked back on this thread. I do have a ground wire coming off of it, it is just hidden in the pic. No red though, hmmm......

-
Back