Not open for further replies.

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
Contact seller
I bought this and decided to go a different direction. It is new and unused. All the parts as delivered come with the distributor. I it is a self contained unit and does not require a control box to fire the plugs. It also has a built in rev limiter that can be set.
Summit's description is as follows:

These Pro-Billet Ready-to-Run distributors from MSD are the perfect upgrade for weak OE electronic distributors, outdated points distributors, and large HEIs or DuraSparks. All that is required is to install the distributor in the engine, and connect three wires and the coil! A maintenance-free magnetic pickup accurately triggers this ignition with increased output from the amplifier, easily outperforming stock ignitions. It will smooth out the engine's idle, improve starting, and perform at a much higher rpm. The housing is machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum, using state-of-the-art CNC mills and lathes for a housing with no porosity or weak areas. For stability and endurance, an oversized steel shaft spins in a top-mounted sealed ball bearing, while an extra-long sintered bushing guides the shaft at the base of the housing. This shaft also receives a QPQ coating for low friction wear and resistance against corrosion from humidity and ozone buildup. They feature MSD's adjustable mechanical advance, which allows you to custom-tailor an ignition curve to match your engine's needs. Most models are also available with a vacuum advance canister to help improve economy.

Price is $325 shipped in the lower 48 states.
WP_20160108_20_24_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20160108_20_24_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20160108_20_25_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20160108_20_25_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20160703_10_31_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20160703_10_31_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20160703_10_31_57_Pro.jpg
I will ship internationally for the additional cost.

does this need a MSD box or stock style electronic ign ECU to work?

ok just reread the ad.. no box is needed?

so what do ya do? just tie the ballast wires together and wire the stock coil wire into it? i'm interested but want to know it will work like i want it to..

http://documents.msdperformance.com/8388.pdf

PM sent

Last edited:
You can run this distributer by itself as it has a built in ignition module. You can also run it with an MSD box if you choose. Here are additional bushings to adjust the mechanical advance. Page 6 of the instructions you have a link to above shows a picture of how to connect it without an MSD box as well as a picture if you want to use the MSD box.

More detail from MSD's sight.

MSD’s Ready-to-Run Pro-Billet Distributors for Chrysler engines are the perfect upgrade from breaker points or weak electronic ignitions. These distributors feature a maintenance-free magnetic pick-up that accurately triggers the built-in powerful ignition module. This module produces a high-output spark which improves combustion in the cylinder, resulting in quick starts, a smooth idle and great performance. Just beneath the race rotor is a mechanical advance assembly so a timing curve can easily be tailored to match your application. The QPQcoated shaft is guided by a sealed ball bearing assembly for stability and endurance while a vacuum advance canister helps increase economy on those long cruises. The Ready-to-Run Distributors are also a breeze to install. Simply drop it in the engine and connect three wires and you’re ready-to-run to your favorite cruise! The front engine mount models are designed in a special small diameter housing to clear aftermarket heads and valve covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back