MSD Atomic now can have Boost/Nitrous

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
MSD just came out with an Update for the kit so that you can use boost and nitrous. This makes things a lot more interesting. I see a mention of nitrous use with the new FAST EZ EFI 2.0, I will be contacting them to find more.

"This is the complete kit for anyone planning to convert from a carburetor to Atomic EFI. You get the Throttle Body, Power Module (with Wide Band O2 sensor), Handheld Controller, and the Standard Fuel Kit for up to 525hp naturally aspirated (at the crank). The Atomic TBI is compatible with Boost/Nitrous!

Blow Through or Draw Through
2 BAR MAP, up to 14psi
Timing Control (Retard per pound of boost)*
Alternate Air Fuel setting under boost
Includes a Nitrous Retard (It will retard timing when nitrous is active).
Alternate Air Fuel setting when nitrous is active**

*The Atomic must be controlling ignition timing in order for the Boost/ nitrous timing retards to work.
** Works with WET nitrous systems only. The nitrous function will not compensate for fuel on a DRY nitrous system. "

Just spoke with FAST, they basically said the same thing I had said when I wanted to run nitrous in the first place when they said you could not. You need to set the fuel ratio to what you want at WOT when the nitrous goes off, which would be different from WOT without nitrous. "Electronic fuel pressure measurement is standard on all kits, and each one works with a wet nitrous system."

Do you know what in real terms is the difference between this and the Holley HP system? I'll never run nitrous, but I have been "wishing" on the idea of a single turbo.

Do you know what in real terms is the difference between this and the Holley HP system? I'll never run nitrous, but I have been "wishing" on the idea of a single turbo.

Well the FAST lets you run E85 which would be great for more boost. But I would stay carb or go XFI for turbo unless less than 8lbs of boost

-
Back