MSD Blaster SS Coil Mounting?

-

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
For those that are using a MSD Blaster SS ignition coil; how/where are you mounting it?

I bought the AR Engineering bracket from Mancini to be used on my small block/edelbrock air gap intake manifold, however after attempting to install it, I've come to find out that the vacuum advance canister on my distributor prevents it from bolting on.

MSD Blaster coil, small block | AR Engineering

Any ideas?

I didn't know that bracket existed! I made my own, same concept as the one you posted but it's flat and I used a piece of aluminum tube as a spacer for the short mount. I can take a pic tomorrow.

I didn't know that bracket existed! I made my own, same concept as the one you posted but it's flat and I used a piece of aluminum tube as a spacer for the short mount. I can take a pic tomorrow.

That would be great thanks. I had thought about just using spacers too.

looking at the pictures I can't see how your vac adv is in the way? If it is pull your dist use a large flat blade screw driver and turn the gear back a tooth or 2 then reinstall your dist and set your timing. Then it will be were it should be and it will all fit.

I mounted mine on the passenger fenderwell with msd rubber stud mounts , and a longer coil wire. coils prefer to be away from heat

I used a firewall type coil mount I had laying around, just bent the tab to allow me to mount it using and existing hole on my intake.
340 now 3.jpg

For those that are using a MSD Blaster SS ignition coil; how/where are you mounting it?

I bought the AR Engineering bracket from Mancini to be used on my small block/edelbrock air gap intake manifold, however after attempting to install it, I've come to find out that the vacuum advance canister on my distributor prevents it from bolting on.

MSD Blaster coil, small block | AR Engineering

Any ideas?

I made a bracket similar to the ARE bracket. The vacuum can does interfere in certain spots. I just moved the plugs wires one over on the cap and reset the timing.

-
Back