MSD box to points.

-

Sean1105

Reaction score
So I recieved some help on getting replacement points I am very thankful.

Next question would be given I'm triggering a msd box with this distributor (which MSD say remove the trailing set of points) is that possible with this distributor or does it require both sets of points to run. If possible which set is the trailing set.

20200417_200034.jpg

Yes it's possible.
The trailing set opens 2nd.
I remember a buddy doing this in the 80's and wondering why not put at least a factory electronic in it...

Yes it's possible.
The trailing set opens 2nd.
I remember a buddy doing this in the 80's and wondering why not put at least a factory electronic in it...
I had msd box. I like advance on distributor. Car is strictly bracket drag racing car. Save money.

If you pull one set of points I would check rotor phasing. Google it. The MSD should trigger on one or both sets I don't know why you particularly need to pull one. I also don't know what they mean by "trailing set." On dual points like those one set closes, then the other, then one opens, and THE LAST ONE OPEN forms the spark. It would seem to me that would be the "trailing set" and that is the one that should be trigger I'd think

If you pull one set of points I would check rotor phasing. Google it. The MSD should trigger on one or both sets I don't know why you particularly need to pull one. I also don't know what they mean by "trailing set." On dual points like those one set closes, then the other, then one opens, and THE LAST ONE OPEN forms the spark. It would seem to me that would be the "trailing set" and that is the one that should be trigger I'd think

Halifaxhops informed me that this distributor doesn't trigger separate it keep point open longer for more dwell. Not individual. Look at the cam lobe both sets kinda just overlap each other.

-
Back