MSD digital E-Curve? who's got one?

-

MrBelvedere2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Right now on my car I have an MSD 6AL, blaster 2 coil, and the MSD billet distributor with no vacuum advance. I would like to change it out to the MSD digital E-Curve distributor, it has vacuum advance and this is mainly a street car that will see the track every couple weeks.The previous owner of my car put the MSD in it, and it seems to run good but shakey at idle, I'm thinking to just change it out to a e-curve distributor with vacuum advance and clean up the engine bay a little bit. Motor is a built 360, 9.5:1 compression, J heads, comp268 cam, headers, holley 750 carb, edlebrock air gap intake. Any of you guys got advice for me? does this seem like the right thing to do? anyone have the e-curve distributor? how do you like it?

A FABO member just sold one a couple months ago on here. Hopefully, he'll chime in on this thread as I'm interested in one for the future as well.

I had one. Very expensive. I got it because I was about to have my engine dyno'd and I wanted to make it easy to change the curves while on the dyno. It works good, as far as it goes, but you have to use the pre-set curves on it. I found the centrifugal curves to be good, and have enough variety, but the vacuum curve choices available are clearly designed for modified engines with big cams. If thats what you have (lower than stock vacuum) then it should be fine. Mine was not modified and eventually I got rid of it, because I didnt need it, and the settings were too low who I had stock vacuum (15 + inches). There is some good info on it on MSD's website, and there is also a program you can buy on ebay, I think, that will graph the curves out for you.

I have an E-curve in my 350 chevy. I love it. Only problem was the instructions were terrible, othewise it's very cool. Have an MSD6AL box hooked up to it also.

Curve Track - E-Curve curve tracking system

-
Back