msd distibutor

-

TriX-RaBBiT

Reaction score
Anyone know which plug is for which cylinder? They are not numbered on the cylinder. Or is it the same order as stock?

Dist is on a 360 and the paperwork did not mention either.

the fireing order will be the same as stock 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2 if i understand your question properly

The plug wires were off and laying in the engine bay. Nothing is numbered or labeled just want to make sure i get them on right. The msd paperwork i got with the dart i just bought doesnt say either.

Do you have a stock distributor cap to reference? If so find 1 on there and match it up to the new one and then follow the firing order posted above.

Careful on 5 and 7 they are easy to mix up.

1. Remove the no 1 spark plug, driver side front

2 Stick a finger in the hole and bump the starter (screwdriver, etc jumper the start relay) until you START to feel compression. You may need to go 'round a couple of times to get the "feel."

3 When you feel compression, pay attention to the timing marks. Usually at this point it's better to get a socket wrench on the dampener bolt. Turn the engine until the timing marks are "where you want" intitial timing, IE 10, 12, 15, etc BTC. and NOT at TDC.

4 Now remove the dist. cap and identify where the rotor is pointing, and plug the wire for the no1 plug into that terminal.

5 Now follow around the cap for the rest of the wires, CW on small block CCW on B/ RB, 18436572

Cylinders are 1357 on driver side front to back

Cylinders are 2468 on passenger side front to back.

Ok, that seems to be setup right now. However still no start. Car has been sitting for a while, do mechanical fuel pumps need to be primed after sitting for a while? Also nitrous setup has had power disc. from it. does that need to be hooked for it to start aswell? Motor cranks all day so it is either not getting spark or not getting fuel. At this point however im thinking it is something fuel related.

Holley carb with vent tubes sticking up?

Push on accel pump arm, see if it's got fuel. If not, grab a kids liquid medicine syringe and fill the bowls through the vent tube. Get it primed.

Hook up a timing light to the plug wire, no flash is an issue.

Don't mess with the nitrous.

-
Back