MSD Hemi Distributorless Ignition - 6 Hemi Ignition Controller

-

sprinter6591

Reaction score
Will a 6 Hemi Ignition Controller work with a 2010 6.1L Hemi from an SRT8? Or could it be made to work? I've seen where they work with an earlier model, but haven't been able to verify if they work with the later models. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm pretty sure MSD made 2 versions based on the 2 different reluctor wheel tooth counts on the crank. I'd attempt to call MSD on this, but typically you'll get people on the phone with no better than a 1st grade education there.

Will a 6 Hemi Ignition Controller work with a 2010 6.1L Hemi from an SRT8? Or could it be made to work? I've seen where they work with an earlier model, but haven't been able to verify if they work with the later models. Thanks in advance for any help.
I believe it will work as a piggybackt to the factory ignition but will not run the injection. There are adapters that go between the harness and coil packs when going over top of factory ignition.

The HEMI6 was designed to run ignition only with no other components. Now that we have a good dual plane intake and self learning throttle body injection units, getting a hemi to run is much easier than it used to be. The throttle body style efi allows the use of all the retro air filter assemblies. We did this 10 yrs ago at XV, only we had crappy AEM fuel injection to deal with.

-
Back