MSD Issues

-
Got the car home and performed the MSD check test and I do have spark from the unit. I'll hook up the blue wire from the old ballast with a different distrubutor and try it.

Got the car home and performed the MSD check test and I do have spark from the unit. I'll hook up the blue wire from the old ballast with a different distrubutor and try it.

Just put the blue/brown and red MSD wire together.

Just put the blue/brown and red MSD wire together.
Steve,

I'm tracing down that wire in the bulkhead I removed them (wanting to make things cleaner duh) will that wire have juice in the start pos. only? I really appreciate all of your help!

Thanks,

Bill

The brown wire I'm using has power in the run pos. it was the old coil pos. wire. It runs from the two wires that are seperate from the bulkhead going thru the firewall.

opps my mistake it is the brown wire from the ignition switch that has power in the run.

Steve,

I think I located the wire. Is it the blue with white stripe from the bulkhead and factory soldered to a soild blue and yellow wires.

Bill

The brown wire and blue wire should be in either side of the thick black wire in the bulkhead. These wires come from the ignition switch.

Got spark at the coil and no fire? It tried to start then nothing happened. I put it in the run posistion with the timing light hooked up and nothing? I'm totally stumped.

-
Back