MT Mopars

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
NEw to the board although I have been lurking here for a while searching your boards for info.

The back story. 2 years ago I purchased a 78 new Yorker on the cheap for the 440/727 combo. drove it as my daily driver until this winter when I decided it was time to pull the drivetrain and get it ready for a future hot rod. I am a Mopar muscle fan. But finding a Mopar here in Montana is like trying to buy a proud father's first born son. They are out there but nobody wants to sell. I have always loved the 68-70 B-bodies and a fondness for the 2nd gen barracuda because of the 68 hemi barracuda. A good friend has a garage falling down around a 1970 GTX that has been parked for 20yrs. Single, no kids, will not sell. I have tried for 10 years. I had all but given up on ever owning a mopar muscle car. started thinking Id use the 440 in a Rat Rod. went and looked at a 48 Plymouth, 53 Studebaker, 60 power wagon, a few other odds and ends but nothing that was "IT".

Fast forward to 8 days ago. I was in a local supermarket when I happened to bump into a former coworker from 16 years ago. I knew he had an old barracuda then. After pleasantries I asked if he knew of any old Mopars for sale. "Yeah. yeah I do. Mine." over the years he has lost interest and is wanting to sell his 68 and 69 Barracuda. We made a deal the next day on the 68. I am so excited after basically giving up on a ever owning a muscle mopar. especially on of my favorite.

Originally a 318 auto car, but now a roller. gold with vinyl top. 8 3/4 sure grip. recent paint and seat covers. a couple cracks in the dash pad. Otherwise very straight and promising start. All glass is good. trim and brightwork in very good condition. of course there could find tons wrong when I start digging, but it is always a risk.

I'll get some pics up when I can. after showing the car, the owner had to jet for 2 weeks of work. When he gets back we will pick it up.

For now I am tiding myself over by searching the forums here for info on what I will need for the 440/727 swap. I would greatly appreciate links if any of you have topics that helped you are you authored about the engine swap, suspension upgrades, brake upgrade, and even 4.5" bolt circle swap.

Thank you, and I apologize for being so long winded.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can. I have two but they are not really good angles and at is covered in a later of dust.

Thanks all. Now I'm getting "all knowledge up" on what is needed to safely wedge that wedge in the car and drive it on the street.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

i worked in mt a couple years ago probably not to far from you i was workin in a little town called colstrip but had to stay in forsyth. not alot of mopar stuff out that way but in forsyth i did run up on a guy that had a good stash op mopar stuff and also on a back road a pretty good lookin 70 cuda. its pretty country out there and nice folks im gonna try to make it back out there in a few years i hope.

Welcome! I'm sure you will find most everyone here to be very helpful, lot of great people here!

i worked in mt a couple years ago probably not to far from you i was workin in a little town called colstrip but had to stay in forsyth. not alot of mopar stuff out that way but in forsyth i did run up on a guy that had a good stash op mopar stuff and also on a back road a pretty good lookin 70 cuda. its pretty country out there and nice folks im gonna try to make it back out there in a few years i hope.

Forsyth is about 120 miles from me here. In fact I used to work into Forsyth for theBNSF railroad.

-
Back