Muffler be to loud for horses in trailer?

-

Plymouth 340

Triple Digit Ride
Reaction score
Hey FABO members, i am in a slight pickle about this muffler and is it to loud that it will scare horses in a trailer. I would be using a 98 Dodge Ram 1500 and it would be a 2 horse trailer, there not to large and have side windows. The muffler im looking at is a Flowmaster Super 10. And would it be scaring horses or not if your not flooring it and would accelerate slowly? Here is a Ram 1500 that has a duel pipe, but im gonna have single with headers.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMHId00YIQA&list=LLdAo6t-e28chLodX1RU4smg&index=3&feature=plpp_video"]98 dodge ram flowmaster super 10 series - YouTube[/ame]

I think in your case you want a good flowing dual exhaust thats not any louder than what stock would be in that you will be pulling a horse trailer. I recommend walker quiet flow. I'm not sure how well your horse(s) trailer(s) so I can't really recommend anything that has too much resonanace since you may spooke them when you are on a hill and truck is under load

This is like the loudest muffler on the planet. Humans are going to be scared by it!! seriously.

My friend had a cherry bomb extreme (same design basically) on his chebbie stock manifolds no cat single exhaust 3" inlet to dual 2 1/4 outlets. you could hear that truck from blocks away. Set off tons of car alarms people would often jump up on the curb and/or cover their ears as the truck drove by.

I would not recommend this muffler for a vehicle where occupants might be sensitive to noise.

not that they are bad mufflers, just in this situation they are the worst muffler you could buy.

maybe you could get exhaust cutouts and bolt them on there when the horses aren't around?

This is like the loudest muffler on the planet. Humans are going to be scared by it!! seriously.

My friend had a cherry bomb extreme (same design basically) on his chebbie stock manifolds no cat single exhaust 3" inlet to dual 2 1/4 outlets. you could hear that truck from blocks away. Set off tons of car alarms people would often jump up on the curb and/or cover their ears as the truck drove by.

I would not recommend this muffler for a vehicle where occupants might be sensitive to noise.

not that they are bad mufflers, just in this situation they are the worst muffler you could buy.

maybe you could get exhaust cutouts and bolt them on there when the horses aren't around?
Dam, seriously was that loud! Well i can see that with open headers not a Cherry Bomb!

People come in to the feed store all the time with there diesel trucks that they use to pull there horse trailers with. Some are so loud I think a semi is pulling in.

Just ask your self if you want to hear that 4 feet in front of you. My truck has turbos on it and it spooks thn when it starts.

I pull a singe horse trailer with a dual bumper outlet magnaflow on my dakota 5.2, it's noticeable when your on it but not obnoxious outside at all. With the horses, usually the front of the trailers are solid while the sides are open so that will block alot of noise as well. Not to mention, how often are you flooring it while pulling horses??? :mrgreen: don't get the flowmaster because when you downshift trying to go up a hill or something, your ear drums will be ringing from the resonance, unless its a 50 series SUV those are nice. Get someting like a dynomax super turbo they're cheaper and sound great!

I personally beleve the louder the better [it ain't worth having if you can't hear it] but in the case of livestock i think quiet is key to keeping them comfortable.

You could also get deaf horses, then the muffler won't matter anymore...

I had a deaf Dalmatian once, he was a great dog. He was never a problem in a thunderstorm. He never heard my ex wife *****... His periphial vision was much keener than my "standard" Dalmatian. I trained him to obey hand signals and he trained as easy as the other one that could hear.

Oh yeah, what about also bending the pipe outlet at 90° to exit behind the rear tires so the noise is not directed right at them in the trailer?

I put Flowmaster 40 series behind headers and 2 1/4 pipes on my son's '83 W150 with a 318. He's 18, so I didn't want him to be attracting unwanted attention. Pretty quiet under normal driving, but sweet when the secondaries open. So far, no unwanted attention.

That vid sounds like crap! Glass packs sound better than that and glass packs suck! lol

Going with Dynomax you're definitely heading in the right direction.

Throw them horses away and get some that ain't sissies.

But the horses in the trailer *** first, plus they will get a better view going down the road. LOL

Kenny

SUPER 10 SERIES STAINLESS STEEL MUFFLERS

Looking for the most aggressive sounding Flowmaster muffler available? Flowmaster's new Super 10 series mufflers are so aggressive that we can't even recommend them for use on street driven vehicles. Best suited to racing applications.........

:hello1::icon_smi:

-
Back