muffler choices.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I am on the hunt for 2 mufflers for the 69 dart not to loud or quit.I have headers on it to.Not sure what to ask for as far as inlet and outlet or the off sets.any ideas would be good good.My first thought was just ask for mufflers for a 69 Dart 340.Thanksssssssss:snakeman:

dynomax super turbos and hooker areo chambers both flow well and are not too loud.also check out a company called bullet performance,i had their pro turbo mufflers and they sounded great.its really a matter of personal taste.these sound good to me,may be too loud or quiet to others.

Well its a start ,thanks but still I need to know what offset works with the a .bodies.I know someone has the answer.

offset inlet, center outlet. Another vote for the super turbos. Thats whats gonna go on my Dart.

Along with these other suggestions, think about these two.
1) Call Joe at Waldron Exhaust http: //www.waldronexhaust.com/ and ask him to build you some perfectly sized and shaped Imposters, they flow better and are only slightly more rumblier and louder than stock without the annoying drone typical of aftermarket chambered mufflers.
2) Look into some of the 18", offset center (stock sized and shaped) Goerlich XLERATORS. Great mufflers that flow a lot of air and cut out a lot of sound level and sound sweet.
Tom

Ok great guys that valiant sound great also.I do have the Dynomax headers on her and I check out the site on there mufflers so Thats what most of you say to go with so I have made up my mind.And thanks Adam for the inlet and outlet.

Snake forgot to tell you Waldron uses a lot of Canadian/American parts too.

Joe can build the Imposter-style with up to 2.75" inlets and outlets I believe. He will start with stock-sized shells/cases and use the internal tubes and the inlet and outlet bushing to match the customer's needs.
Tom

-
Back