Muffler Explosion

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Tom and me went groveling to our local big-block/Hemi guru looking for some 383 pushrods for his dead Duster.When we got to our friend Steve's house we found this laying on a junk car in his yard.

SANY0012-vi.jpg

He has a sweet `63 Savoy all tricked out with a 440-6Bbl-A/C-Cruise-etc... He even has the Max Wedge up-swept manifolds and complete Maxie exhaust system. He also had a loose connection at his MSD box that caused the engine to shut off.... and restart at highway speed. ** BOOOOM!**

SANY0013-vi.jpg

He said it scared the %$#@ outta him! He thought he ran over a land mine!

Wow I bet. I had one explode on my T5 car in my driveway. It was the one on the side next to the brick house. Points slipped in the Mallory dual point and BOOM.

Guess what I replaced besides the muffler lol

Wow I bet. I had one explode on my T5 car in my driveway. It was the one on the side next to the brick house. Points slipped in the Mallory dual point and BOOM.

Guess what I replaced besides the muffler lol

I'm gonna guess your shorts do I win anything :toothy10::toothy10:

Man that had to be scary though but it sure looks cool now. Justin

lol.....almost. It was the last time I have run a Mallory Distributor. That happened when I owned the T5 the first time, so it was prior to 1983.

Aughhhhhhhhhhh, awesome! I had a few back fires warp a few mufflers on me and cracked open the seams on a muffler set once. But tha is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how he feels after that.

-
Back