Muffler Flow

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
What is the quietest muffler that flows really well? I'm looking for Cadillac quiet.

well , i would get you a 2 into one headpipe and run it in to one of them 30" inch OE replacement mufflers all the way to the bumper, if you are looking for a purrrrr

well , i would get you a 2 into one headpipe and run it in to one of them 30" inch OE replacement mufflers all the way to the bumper, if you are looking for a purrrrr

Nah that won't work the car already has dual exhaust from the engine back. The fake masters are too dang loud

Summit turbo mufflers.Nice mild rumble at Idle.Quite at speeds.Good power. Had them on my car for 9 years now and sounds the same as when they were installed.Good price too.More costly, but Dynamax sound mild too.My engine is mostly stock. No big kaboomer cam.Have used the Summits from 225's to 472 Hemi's. I like them. Just a thought.

Found this video from when TTI's ,Full pipes 2 1/2'' to bumper and Dynamax's mufflers

Summit turbo mufflers.Nice mild rumble at Idle.Quite at speeds.Good power. Had them on my car for 9 years now and sounds the same as when they were installed.Good price too.More costly, but Dynamax sound mild too.My engine is mostly stock. No big kaboomer cam.Have used the Summits from 225's to 472 Hemi's. I like them. Just a thought.

Thanks I will check them out.

Wow that sounds a lot better than mine now. Thanks for the link

had walker quietflows on a Buick GS I had sweat little rumble and good performance

"Back in the day" it was pretty hard to beat the RR/ Superbee 383---hemi factory mufflers. They weighed some, but were mellow yet had some sound, and flowed well. Back (in the 70's) when rodders discovered "turbo" mufflers --and I'm not talking about all this crap that is CALLED a turbo muffler, I'm talking about the ORIGINAL, honest to GAWD mufflers that the Corvair turbocharged engines used...........One of the magazines did a test of several glasspacks at the time, and a SINGLE turbo on a baseline 300hp engine. My recollection is that SINGLE turbo muff with 300HP going through it lost either 5 or 10 HP, I've forgotten. But I remember being impressed with them, and several of us used them on our 4x4's.

These were made by and for Chevy, by Maremont, and Walker, and possible other "factory replacement" manufacturers. They only came in one size -- the size that fits Corvairs!!!

not sure what size or configuration your looking for,but imco p/n sl422( 2.25 offset/center) is just like a summit turbo,but with a much longer case,and they are very quiet.

Had a 70 340 Swinger, wanted the nice sound back, Sweet, not loud- was a Walker hemi muffler, on each side. Maybe they still know the sound?

Old Tired Rebel,
The Walker Dynomax HEMI-sized (20" long) SuperTurbo flows about 70% to 75% of an equivalent sized straight pipe. and for the sound control they provide, this is fantastic.

I also wanted to add that they can be made to fit on A-bodies by just being careful of their placement and by using flanges to bolt the tailpipes on, if needed.
Tom

Old tired Rebel,
The Walker HEMI sized Super Turbo flows about 70% to 75% of an equivalent sized straight pipe. and for the osund control they provide, this is fantastic.
Tom

Thanks I will look at them too

-
Back