muffler question

-

MOPARTEEN

Reaction score
hey guys,

I am looking around for mufflers but cant decide being that thier is so much to choose from. I was just wondering what you guys recommend. I have a mildy over stock 360 (78 block) and hooker headers. Being that i am a 16 year old kid i am not to fond of the "quiet" cars so im looking for something with a little oomph. I dont really mind interior sound but not too much. But i dont want to sound like im going 180mph when going 20. Also i am not brand specific so its all good. Thanks guys.
:burnout:

I would start with the sound byte threads in the stickys. There's a lot of variation in there and you should find what your looking for. Plus, it's fun listening to everyone's sound bytes.

There are also collector inserts you can put in the ends of your headers that will quite it enough so its legal (and they have a spiral effect that is suppose to speed up the exhaust for a scavenging efftect), but still sound awesome. Then you dont even need mufflers. Thats what I was running for a good year or so, saved some weight too. I am now putting on a exhaust system with DynoMax Super-Turbo mufflers, as I got tired of the drone of the loud exhaust inside the car during long drives.

Youtube also has some good mopar exhaust sound bites.

The sound bite thread is a good one.

I'm 41 and though I can live with a thunderous sound, My kids don't like it and I grow weary of it on a day after day level.

I'm currently useing Hooker Areo Chambers on my daily driver. They sound best with some RPM, like going down the road.

Dynomax has some deep bass sounding mufflers.

Original Flowmaster 40 series mufflers is what I like.

Great sound,great price.

Flowmaster 40 series mufflers with out dout!

listen some in the soundbite threads first :)
seing your 16 i think you would like some 40series flowmasters, they are loud and if your motor has any kind of muscle the flowmasters will let anyone around know that! for me i cant stand the sound inside the car anymore and im going for the longest straightthru kind of mufflers i can find like magnaflow or dynomax ultra flow or something equal!

Flowmaster 40's are awesome! Here is some sound byte's of mine with a 340 amd Flowmaster's.

-
Back