muffler ?

-

dougman

Reaction score
Has anyone used the flowmaster super 10 mufflers?I was told they are loud would they be to loud for a street car was thinking of putting on my 72 duster.

LOL, well, ya like'em loud?

Then these are about right then. IMO, the 40's are loud. 2 chambered. Yikes!

My question is "Tool Loud for what???" Every town in USA has a sound level ordinance. Most cops don't chase you around with a decibel meter. I run Headers & Glass Packs out the side and I just take it easy in town and late at night. If you run it out the back, You won't hear too much inside the car.

Oh wait I see it now. You're in NJ where the cops hate kids, Muscle Cars and basically any thing cool. Yes Those mufflers are too loud for NJ. I recommend moving to NC.

I run 2 chamber Flowmasters. They sound like open headers. On the street I run baffles in the collectors to quiet them some. Probably should change to something else, but I like loud!

what exactly is loud? every ear is different lol. i have headers with 12" of 2 1/4 pipe into two glass packs with another 12" of pipe. i have sat next to cops in traffic and never got a second look

Wlaker Dynomax Super turbos are pretty loud (my personal fav) but the summit turbo mufflers are really loud. Have them on my dart and sound real good.

74DartSwinger360 said:
Wlaker Dynomax Super turbos are pretty loud (my personal fav) but the summit turbo mufflers are really loud. Have them on my dart and sound real good.

I consider the Super Turbo to be reasonably quite , quieter than the Flowmaster 50 series Delta Flo I took off.

So the summit turbo mufflers are close to the flowmaster super 10? I like the loud and so does my grandaughter she is a little mopar girl loves her duster.

OK, so happens that I have Super 10s (3" in and 3" out, straight tubes from headers, turndown pipes after mufflers, before rear axle) and don't think they're too loud. They feel just right in my opinion :D
Car screams when you nail it and I like it... 471 BB by the way.

This should help you in some way:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGqSd7QjWQ"]Flowmaster Muffler Comparison - YouTube[/ame]

Was scared that these are loud and this movie showed me that they are just what I need...
There is a chevy motor in this move but still shows what to expect :wink:

Thank you much for the info the super 10 sounds good that is what i'll be getting to put on the 72

-
Back