Mufflers!

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
What do yall like? plan is 3" straight back with side exit in front of rear tire. I want something throaty maybe on the loud side. I don't like exhaust that cackles. I want to hear the cam the rumpty rum. Here is the kicker im on a budget would like to spend less then $100 for the pair cheaper the better. Ive been though the sound clips and Adams mustang Dynomax is on the right track.

Jones Full Boar race muffler
Dynomax bullets
Jegs Deep Tone mufflers

Dumping in front of the tires is not a good idea. Any engine failure becomes a tragic car catastrophe. Just had some bad experiences with side exhausts first hand. Keep it between the tires and face down. The cheapest exhaust is old driveshafts . bullit mufflers. and six 3 1/2 turndowns. 4 to make the fron bends through the trans cross member and 2 in the rear. Use a piece of your old exhaust for the H.

Attachments

• DSCF0151[1].jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 247
not sure i have room to go all the way out the back with a 3" system with a Dana in there. My collectors stick past the trans x members by a good portion so i think im ok. there. Can you elaborate on the catastrophic of the side exit. Im new at this and well advice is appreciated.

You got a sound clip by chance? Ive seen your car and i know its built.

I'm getting ready to do about the same thing.
2.5 inch with an X right behind the Flowmaster mufflers and out right in front of the rear tires, but not turned down.
Parallel with the ground and bologna cut ends.

Like this.

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 232
Thats 3 1/2 with 2 1/4 tail pipes.

I don't have a film of the car. But I live in the suburbs And was told you can here it idle over 1 mile away in the evening. Definitely draws a crowd entering a cruise. I was leaving a show and people were jumping a stream to get to the road to see it leave.

It quiets down when on the throttle. But I thing it leaves the sound behind it. Notice the mufflers are tilted up at the rear to keep them off the ground. I had to use 4 mandrel bent turndowns in the front. My headers stop in front of the trans cross member.

By using 2 per side you can face one back on the header and one front on the pipe, twist and turn to keep them up and away from the floor and weld. The tailpipes were added to keep the tips on the car. I believe it quiets it down alittle . But I never heard it outside.

Pics from the side shows they are not noticeable.

Attachments

• DSCF0090.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 231
Had the Jones Full bore mufflers(2 chamber flow master copies).Was loud,didn't cackle.People will know you're coming,well in advance though.

-
Back