Not open for further replies.

jboyd2

68 cuda
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey FABO,
I'm searching for a reasonably priced set of 40 series or super 44 mufflers or equivalent. Please pm me with what you have. Thanks

Still searching. I found a brand new set of 10 series flowmasters for a great price, but I think that will be a bit too aggressive for the neighbors. I considered it though

Summit has their brand Flowmaster knockoffs. They are very reasonable.

I have a set of 2-1/2 Thrush Turbo mufflers that I used for 10 minutes.
Tips cut on one side a small amount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 219
Uncut side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 225
Thanks rumblefish, but I currently have turbos installed, but I'm looking for a little different tone.

RustyRatRod I'll check those out. Maybe I can find some sound clips.

I had a set of the knockoffs and a set of true Flowmaster 40s on my truckj and the knockoffs are a little quieter. 40s are loud. Something you might want to check is how much they weigh. The knockoffs I had (universal sometimes labeled Jones) were heavier than any Flowmasters I've had. If that is a concern for your situation. My knockoffs didn't seem to have as bad a RRRAAAAAPPPPP to them when standing on it as the 40s. With the 40s I could make store windows rattle when I went by. I'm putting Ultra Flos on my new exhaust. I only have so much hearing left to go and it is for Rock n Roll. With Summit you get free shipping and if you haven't ordered for a while, they usually give you $25 off your next purchase on your receipt.

I have a two 2.5 in cherry bomb extreme mufflers (single chamber). One was used for literally 1 min. I cut off the exhaust pipe side (not the muffler side) off the pipe, and that section is still in the one muffler. Few scratches from sitting around, but otherwise brand new. PM me if interested

A body lurker pm on its way.

Dustert73 thanks, but those may be too loud for the neighbors. They'd probably sound great though

I went ahead and purchased the Summit mufflers. They have great reviews and you can't beat the price at just under $70 to my door for the pair. Thanks all. I'll have to post a sound bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back