Murphy's Law

-

circlepilot

Reaction score
It never fails...when you are trying to get something done and a part or something you need, has to rely on getting from point A to point B, Murphy's Law prevails. I was informed that I had bought the wrong valve springs for my intended cam application. The seller (company) said just return them, pay the difference and they would get me what I needed. I sent the springs back to the company, priority mail on the 5th of December. The last time the box was scanned was at the USPS facility in St. Louis on the 10th. Haven't heard "hide nor hair" since. The tracking number, keeps showing "in transit." I go to the post office to get some answers and see the "deer in the head lights." Filed a lost mail report...(like pissin in the wind) nothing found yet. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! :soapbox:
Norm

It never fails...when you are trying to get something done and a part or something you need, has to rely on getting from point A to point B, Murphy's Law prevails. I was informed that I had bought the wrong valve springs for my intended cam application. The seller (company) said just return them, pay the difference and they would get me what I needed. I sent the springs back to the company, priority mail on the 5th of December. The last time the box was scanned was at the USPS facility in St. Louis on the 10th. Haven't heard "hide nor hair" since. The tracking number, keeps showing "in transit." I go to the post office to get some answers and see the "deer in the head lights." Filed a lost mail report...(like pissin in the wind) nothing found yet. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! :soapbox:
Norm

Yeah I have a couple of items on the way now that show the "red dot of death" which means an exception and delivery will be late.

I feel your pain. Ordered a power steering pump seal kit. Starting at the bottom, it took 4 days to get across town. Like a 20 minute car ride. Then 4 days for another 20 minute car ride. At least its moving along.

Screenshot_20201218-115242_Chrome.jpg

You guys are a bunch of whiny babies!!! I died 9 weeks ago and still haven't received my death certificate!!! To make things even worse.....I'm getting pretty cold and winter is not helping!!!!

Norm

Call them and ask them to look for it...

I had a package get lost in limbo at one of the distribution centers, filed a lost mail report, then called and asked an employee to look into it and they found it and got it back on track for me...

When the lost mail claim person called me a couple days later, I told them that the distribution center found it and is supposed to get it back on the way and gave that person the contact at the distribution center and my package was back on track again....

The most progress that I made was to contact the post office and have them look for it... I told them that it's off the radar and I would appreciate if they could look into it... I told them that I was afraid to wait longer to look into it because if it's lost, the sooner they start looking for it the better chance they have to find it...

You guys are a bunch of whiny babies!!! I died 9 weeks ago and still haven't received my death certificate!!! To make things even worse.....I'm getting pretty cold and winter is not helping!!!!

I don't need a death certificate...

My birth certificate has an expiration date....

Oh man I have so many stories on shipping WTF's.

I once bought a set of wheels on ebay back when it was a decent place to buy used parts. All four shipped separately at the same time UPS.
Two of them showed up and the other two the next day.

My kids just mailed their wish lists to Santa (aka Grandma), both went in the mail together (separate letters) and one showed up two day later the other 5 days later.

I watched a FedEx package go from Texas, to Utah, then to Troutdale Or. (down the hill from my house), up to Seattle, then back to Utah, down to San Fransisco then to the Portland FedEx facility to be delivered.

I currently have a second day air package for work that is in a FedEx black hole. I had to reorder the parts until things get figured out.

A month ago my dad had a package from Jegs go MIA mid shipment.

I'm never speaking to you again.:lol:

make a payment and send priority mail,1-3 days, and watch is "in transit" until after the due date. it was mailed 14 days before it was due. here comes another 25.00 late fee. wtf do you do?

Usps does not update the tracking info in real time.

I had a shipment arive a month after it was shipped. I filed a lost package form thingy, a year after it arrived they were "still looking" for it.

What I found out from postal workers who were trying to help me is that the package is scanned when you drop it off. Then from there the "scans" are virtual. Meaning it should be on truck A headed to Texas, so usps shows that it is on the truck. It might be sitting on a dock, it might be in another truck etc. Then some time later it might get scanned again updating the system with real data. It goes on this way till it is delivered and finally scanned.

Recently I had a package shipped to me and a few days later the sender notified me it was still at their PO, or city or the like. It should have taken another 2 to 3 days from then to get here but it showed up the very next day.

Norm
Been there done that. Anymore that tracking number stuff is subject to Murphy's Law as well. You can call your local Post Office which is what I've done and they will follow up. At least that's been my experience.

Schmidt's Law: If you mess with something long enough, it will break... :mad:

-
Back