Mustang II front suspension/67' cuda

-
I'm looking into a good suspension setup for my '67 Dart, and am looking at the Alterkation ($$), Art Morrison ($$$), and maybe even a x-member to use C4 Corvette spindles/hubs/lca/uca ($?). Just stumbled on this while googling the Dart hub-hub dimensions. Sounds like a cool project!

How did everything work out? Pictures please.

Plus, I think your little mustang II spindles wouldnt hold up to the side load we experiance with our A body ones..in oval track/road course use... They are pretty little......

???? The mustang spindle is shorter and uses larger bearings then the mopar ones I believe. Sounds stronger to me

I didn't find any threads on this subject, so here goes. The Alterkation set-up appears real nice, just too nice for my budget. I bought a "Heidt" crossmember, with correct width for my rails. Should make 60.5" hub/hub. PST tubular uca's,specific for cuda. Wilwood forged spindles, front steer, with 15:1 power rack. QA-1 coil-overs, possibly with remote control valving. This should allow use of rear sump, 3G pan. Should save approx. 200 lbs. vs stock ps. and oem suspension. Anybody ? Thanks, ateam.:burnout:

Keep a running total of all the parts and your time to do all this. Curiouser to see what it all comes to when finished.

will be watching, soundsawesome cost is a major factor in my 69 build. put alterk in my challenger it rocks but can not afford at this time. keep up the good work.

i was looking for pics of 67 barracuda today & a website that had specs on them like wieght, tire width, length, sticker prices looked like something the factory offered when selling them new, it said tire track was 57.4 front & 55 rear. so your 60.5 sounds alittle too wide. not sure good luck though! i had found some helix kits on ebay for 1400 to 1700 complete caliper to caliper. i was on their website & couln't get a price. i was planning on ifs kit next yr. i got 67 barracuda convertible.

200 pounds lighter?? Is it possible for something to be negative in weight?? Seriously doubt that a factory front end is over 200 pounds to begin with.

-
Back