Mustang rack & 3.9 install

-

dart64gt

Reaction score
Well here are a few pictures of my wild frt steering and my 3.9 install hope you guys like what I did. I like the torsion bar ride but I like the rack & pinon steering better so this how I did it with out spending a small fortune.

Dart64gt

mustang rack 1.jpg

Picture 373.jpg

Very cool. Any reason why you cut the top of your radiator support off? Keep the pics comming.

Very cool. Any reason why you cut the top of your radiator support off? Keep the pics comming.

For one reason with the engine and trans together I just could not make it go but when i am through with it you will never know it was cut. I also have a 1964 Dart Gt with a 5.9 fuel injection with the T518 and I put it in from the bottom and beleive it or not it was easy that way. But this is the first for me to try a make a rack work with the stock K frame. I have more pictures of this project just not the time.

Dart64gt

your rack install is intresting,,,and i like the 3.9 conversion,,should be pretty peppy,,,and reliable,,please keep us posted on this,, im sure a lot of guys would be intrested in doing the same,,,very nice,,any wonder on bump steer?:thumbup:

I think another swap that would be cool is the strait sixes in the 95 jeep grand cherokees. Someone put on in a Pacer that turned out awsome (latest hot rod magazine). I wonder how it would fit in an early A?

I think another swap that would be cool is the strait sixes in the 95 jeep grand cherokees. Someone put on in a Pacer that turned out awsome (latest hot rod magazine). I wonder how it would fit in an early A?

The Jeep engine is basically a bolt-in for the Pacer & other AMC's.
There is also a company using the Jeep six & 2wd overdrive automatic in a replica of an early fifties Jaguar. Would be neat to see how it would work in an A body.

My husband wants to know did you flip the ball joints from side to side to connect the tie rod ends or did you come up with something different?

Joanne

I just flip the ball joints and I have the rotors and disc off a 76 dart.

Thanks for the replys

the inline/straight 6 cyl in A JEEP is a GM based engine,,,GM in an A body ??????:scratch:

Here are a few more pictures of the rack install & its works may not be the most neatest one but I wanted to see if I could put one in. The fun part about this is i have all kinds of room no center drag link to worry about. when the car is on the ground everthing looks good and steers. I will know more when I get it running the trans is in & everthing is together. I am working on the wiring and it is not fun. I am chaning the dash out to a 1966 barrcuda so I have to wire that harness it to the fuel injection wiring. What a nightmare. Stupid Mopar why don't they just make a engine mangement harness. Oh well that MOPAR and I won't drive nothing but a Mopar

1966 Dart Wagon
1965 valiant Conv.
1964 Dart GT
2000 Jeep

Picture 358.jpg

Picture 381.jpg

Picture 382.jpg

Picture 383.jpg

Picture 399.jpg

-
Back