My 15 year old is making me old(er)!

-

NukeSec1

DUSTinguished
Reaction score
After months of ](*,) and alot of :violent1: my 15 year old has decided that dad is right and he should go with an auto tranny in his project '73 Duster due to $$$ constraints on his part to wanting a 4spd tranny and manual steering. So, from the parts car we have agreed that we are going to use the manual steering box and manual shift steering column. So we have removed the auto on the column steering column and the power steering box from the project car and are going to install the manual steering box and manual steering column from the parts car. A drop in swap. Here's where we are at now (or will be down the road). We have a manual steering column installed in a car we are going to go with a built auto tranny. What kind of auto setups are you guys running? LoKar? Something else? Because this is obviously going to end up in a floor shift auto configuration if we continue down this road.

talk him back into a 4 speed... any muscle car should be a stick shift. if it takes 6 months or years time to get money and parts for 4 speed be well worth it.

sorry he wants a 4 speed... the parts can be rounded up fairly cheap if you look around

WOW!!!!! Your Right!!!!! You'd better savor the moment for this might be the only time.

4 speeds are easier to sell and my saying is that real hot rods have 3 pedals. lol When I get to old to push a clutch it may change or on a strip car an auto is faster.

try to explain the benefits of a 4 speed transmission and try to coax him to going for a high end model after he gets used to driving a model that's not as powerful once he's a bit more hands on then get him a more powerful model where you will be more comfortable he can handle it.

If that is the worst of your problems with a 15 year old you better count your blessings. LOL

Good call on the auto though.

Jack

If that is the worst of your problems with a 15 year old you better count your blessings. LOL

Jack

X2 And a Mopar son on top of that!!

When i was younger, car had to have a stick, the last stick I had was a 6-speed vette. Loved them. Now whenever I have to drive the farm truck, I forget to mash the clutch, stupid stuff like that. Much more comfy with an auto now. If I was 15 again, well, truthfully if I were 15 again I wouldn't care LOL!!

Honestly, we DO have time (1 year ) to gather the parts for a 4spd configuration. We already have some from the 3spd parts car. Tranny tunnel, pedals, Z-bar (if I could ever get if off the frame side). I guess we just need a bell housing, flywheel, fork (I think the 3spd for may work, maybe not), and obviously the a 833 and shift plate. I'll tell you what, if you guys have the parts he needs and are willing to part with them PM me. Maybe we can work something out.

-
Back