...My 1964 Valient Slant Six Build...

-

swissracer28

Swissracer Productions
Reaction score
i am just wondering what you guys think...

how should i go about building this thing i want the intake and everything but what are some of your guyes sugestions on how maybe i should go about this

im a little confused about your question. are you asking how you should go about building the engine? is it a daily driver? or a car you are tearing apart and restoring? i think you need to be a little more specific.

well with a slant head,cam,compression are the biggest factors on building power and VE. u need to get ur comp up to 9.2:1 min, on 87 u can get up to 9.7:1 or so with no pinging. as for the cam im running a erson solid .510 lift 246 dur @ .050 and a 108 LSA. a big key with the SL6 is an LSA from 104-109*. i would buy a good gasket from Mike Jefferies, its portable and reusable. just gasket match ur intake/headers and head to that. pm me for info if u like. this is my build, its my daily driver and it gets 16-20 mpg depending if i hit the secondaries on my 600!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pviXVh2Uaq0

1022091458.jpg

1022091502.jpg

1022091503.jpg

Best laid plans....can't have it both ways...one side will have to give.
You CAN, however, drive a pretty beefed up slant on a daily basis. My guess is that the performance will stop just before you get into the "is temperamental and requires lots of fiddling" point for it to be a true daily driver.
I suppose that didn't help a whole lot...

i am going to be using it as a daily driver but would like to have both sides daily driver and all performance

like i said i drive mine everyday to work, over 30 miles! and avg 16-20mpg! the only thing that would really help it out is a stall converter! i have to 2 foot it just a little but my stock stall it like 1700.

-
Back